THIRTEEN

Aria

I had the day off just like everyone else, so I did what I do best; stay at home. But I need to get out of the house and do something active rather than being lazy. I pulled out my phone and texted the group chat. 

Aria: Hey, any of you guys busy?

I sent the text and put my phone down on my nightstand. I swung my feet over the edge of my bed and stood up. My  phone vibrated and I picked it up to see three messages. 

Jasper: Nah, I'm never busy unless I'm working.

Henry: Other than getting out of the shower, I'm a free bird. 

Charlotte: I don't have have any other friends so I'm never busy. 

I laughed at Henry and Charlotte's text messages. Those two tend to have the greatest things to say. 

Aria: Come to my house at 12 so we can all hang out. 

I put my phone on the charger and went to my closet to find something to wear. Digging through my shirts, I found a light gray long sleeved sweater, and I matched it with a pair of leggings. I quickly changed, throwing my pajamas in the hamper. 

I ran to my bathroom and turned on my flat iron while brushing through my long brown hair. I brushed my teeth, finished, then started to straighten my hair. 

I ran back to my room and hopped around on one foot trying to get my other shoe on. I tripped over my bed, falling flat on my face. I yelled, picking myself off the floor. 

"Aria? What happened? I heard something fall when you screamed." My mom and dad ran in, both of them out of breath from running up the stairs. 

"I tried to put my shoe on and I kind of fell over onto the floor." I laughed nervously, sliding my other shoe on. 

"Henry, Charlotte and Jasper are downstairs. Don't fall on your way down." My mom taunted at me, leaving my room.

I rolled my eyes, grabbing my phone from the nightstand. I closed the door behind me, unlocking my phone. I stare at it as I make my way downstairs, seeing my two best friends and boyfriend on my couch.

"Hey guys." 

"Hey." Henry came up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as I snuggled my face into the crook of his neck.

"Okay lovebirds. We came to hang out, not to watch you two be all lovey-dovey with each other." Charlotte said, splitting us up. 

I sat on the couch between Charlotte and Henry, Jasper on Henry's other side. I snuggled up next to Henry as his arm wrapped around my shoulder. We were watching episodes of Dog Judge when my front door flew open, Piper stomping in. 

I stared at her, groaning in response as Piper barged into my house like she owned the place. Piper has every right to slam doors at her house, not at mine. 

I slid down on the couch, my face burying into Henry's stomach. His hand rested on my thigh as he stayed silent, ignoring Piper's outburst.

This is going to be a long day, especially if Piper's going to be here. Hopefully she stays out of my business. 

***

Henry

When Aria of everyone hanging at her house, I jumped out of my bed and raced to my closet, throwing clothes all over my floor looking for something to wear.