TWENTY- FIVE

Aria

The helicopter ride went fairly well, minus the one hundred fifty-seven text messages I received from my dad within a span of an hour.

"We were gone for thirty minutes, I don't get why he's blowing up your phone like that." Henry shrugged as we landed back to the top of the building.

"He's my dad, I'm used to it."

Henry looked at me, his eyes searching mine as if I were hiding something from him.

"Are you okay?" He asked as his hands were on the side of my face.

"Yes, wh-"

"Be honest. I know you're not okay, just tell me what's wrong, please?" Henry pleaded, causing my eyes to water.

"Henry, I'm not okay. And it's because of you, it's because of me. I don't hear from my mom, and my dad is barely letting me see you anymore. My whole life is falling apart day by day, and I can't stop it. I just wish my dad would understand how much I need you."

The words had left my mouth as the tears fell down my face. Henry's immediate instinct was to pull me into his chest, and that's exactly what he did to try and calm me down.

"Don't worry princess, I'm always going to be here for you. I love you, so much, and you know that." Henry kissed the top of my head before pulling away.

We walked down the stairs and ito the Man Cave, the both us ready to get our heads blown off by my dad for not listening to him.

"One hundred fifty-seven messages I sent you, and you couldn't reply to one of them?" My dad said as I stepped a foot into the Man Cave.

"Dad," I said, pulling out my phone, "how do you expect me to answer when I'm in a helicopter, hundreds of feet in the air?"

My dad stared at me, a pure loom of anger presented in his face. I've never seen him act this way since I found out he was my dad.

"Oh, I don't know, by using your fingers to type words back to me?" My dad sassed as he gestured to what I was apparently 'supposed' to do.

"You're unbelievable dad. Let's go Henry." I rolled my eyes, pulling Henry's hand up to my room and locking it.

Henry has been hating the way my dad has acted towards me, and him too, and I don't blame Henry for that. And because I'm technically grounded, I can really only see Jasper and Charlotte rather than I own boyfriend.

"What has gotten into Ray lately? He's never acted this way." Henry asked, taking off his shoes.

"I'll ask Schwoz to do some type of test on him or something. Maybe something of his can figure out what happened."

I pulled out my phone and going to my contacts, immediately tapping into Schwoz's number.

Aria: Hey Schwoz! Can you run some tests on my dad for me?

Schwoz: For why? Ray's indestructible.

Aria: He's acting different, just please do it. Thanks.