TWENTY ONE

Aria

When we got back to the Man Cave, Jasper and Charlotte went into the back room while me, Henry and my dad stayed put.

"Where are they- nevermind, I don't care." My dad said, shaking his head and putting his hand up.

"You never care about anything that mostly has to do with Jasper." I told him. Henry gently nudged my arm to get me to stop.

"But she's not wrong."

My dad stood up, walking over to the monitors. He ignored what Henry and I both said and started violently pounding down on the control panel.

"Hey Ray," Charlotte started as she exited out of the back room, "what is this?"

Charlotte held up a blaster of some sort and my eyebrows crinkled in confusion. Before Henry could stop her from using it, she shot up at the ceiling, causing some of it to fall to the ground.

"Charlotte! I told you not to touch that!" Jasper yelled as he grabbed it from her.

"When do I ever listen to you? None of you listen to me!" Charlotte continued to argue with Jasper, all while looking at me and Henry too.

"We aren't apart of this Charlotte!"

Before someone else had the chance to say anything, the sprocket went up and my dad came storming down it, grabbing the blast directly from Charlotte's hand.

"I can't take anymore of your yelling, I was trying to sleep!" My dad screamed, causing me to cower into Henry's side.

Next thing we knew, he started to chase every one of us around the perimeter of the Man Cave. I shrieked, jumping on Henry's back as we ran past the tubes. I saw his head nearing the corner, so I slapped Henry's back.

His eyes widened and he darted around my dad, jumping with me on his back, down the steps.

He stopped chasing me and Henry and went towards the back room to go after Charlotte and Jasper. I let out a breath as Henry set me down on the circular couch.

"At least he stopped chasing us."

I felt breathing down my neck, "Henry, stop. That tickles!" I started to laugh.

"That isn't me, Aria."

I turned my head and saw my dad staring at me. I screamed, Henry tossing me over his shoulder as he ran to the tubes. He quickly set me down, the tube encasing me and him together. We shot up them, my dad yelling nonsense.

"He's not going to stop until he gets us. I'm pretty sure he already got Charlotte and Jasper by now.

"You're probably right," he looked to the side of Junk N' Stuff, "go to the bathrooms."

I stared at him with wide eyes. I blinked twice to make sure I was hearing him correctly when he said, 'go to the bathrooms,' and I did.

I kept quiet and followed Henry to the bathrooms. As soon as the stall door closed, I heard my dad exiting the elevator. I gasped, Henry throwing a hand over my mouth so I wouldn't give away where we're hiding.