SIX

S3 EP3: Scream Machine

***
Henry

"And hello! As some of you know, for the past three years at the Gismo Show, my project has won the second place prize." Charlotte said, talking to what seemed like nobody. 

Ray, me, Schwoz and Jasper all stood in a line, acting like we somewhat cared about Charlotte's project. 

"But this is the year that Charlotte goes number one." I held in my laughter as she pointed her finger at the four of us. 

Ray snorted, then tried covering it up with a fake cough, "So, you're going to pee?"

That's when we all lost it. We started laughing and I saw Charlotte's glare from the corner of my eyes, and man does that scare me sometimes. 

"She's going pee!" I laughed, pointing my finger while slightly falling to the ground. 

"I call my project," she went to lift the tarp from whatever she made, "the Scream Machine!" 

I stared at her, no clue on how to react to this. I looked back over at the three next to me, their faces the same as mine. 

"Please clap." Charlotte stressed, making the four of us start to clap randomly. 

I watched as Charlotte screamed at Jasper to shut up, then instantly told him to be her helper for the machine. I was mighty impressed that Jasper's scream made the hula dancer dance. 

"Ooh, I want to try something!" Schwoz's head popped out from behind Charlotte's Scream Machine. 

"Oh, no no no no. You don't need to try something-" Schwoz pushed Charlotte away and pressed an air horn into Charlotte's machine. 

All of a sudden, the force and sound of the air horn caused a mishap, which resulted in the machine to catch flame. I saw Charlotte give one of her famous death glares to Schwoz. 

"Don't blame yourself."

Ray, Schwoz and I went to find the hardware store to get parts and pieces so Schwoz can recreate Charlotte's Scream Machine. The blueprints that Schwoz had just magically flew out of the top of the car, meaning he couldn't do the same project as Charlotte. 

I invited Aria to come to the Gismo Show so we can hope that Charlotte wins first place this time. I knew that Aria was still upset with me about the whole secret keeping thing, but I swore on an oath that I wouldn't tell anyone else. 

"Well, what the jack is that thing?" Charlotte yelled, pointing at one of Schwoz's many creations. 

I could tell how extremely nervous Charlotte was about this not being her project. We knew how it worked, but she didn't, so every time she would talk, we'd make weird noises until she hit the right button. 

The machine that Schwoz created was a teleportation device of some sort. It ended up teleporting Jasper and Aria from one place to another, and my body immediately froze over. 

"Ray? Dude, we just teleported Aria and she doesn't know about...us." I pulled Ray over to the side, keeping my eye on Aria. 

"So? It's not a big- oh my god, we have to do something!" 

"It's too late! She's been teleported without an explanation behind as to why it happened. And now Charlotte is getting asked questions about the device that she didn't make."

Aria left my line of sight and I started freaking out out. I calmed down when I saw her walking out of the doors and to the bathroom, I'm guessing.