TWELVE

S3 EP6: Hour of Power Part 1

***
Henry

Jasper, Charlotte and Aria were already at work while I was on my way to work. On the way to work, I stopped to get an ice cream cone because I was craving one badly.

Ever since Aria found out I was Kid Danger and she found about about Ray being Captain Man, I've become more confident in telling Aria a lot more things now. 

"So, you're going to meet me there? Great."

I walked in the Man Cave, Ray was in uniform and on his phone, Charlotte, Jasper and Aria were standing in a line facing Ray and looking over at me. 

"Uhh, so you're on the phone, talking with Henry right now?" Charlotte said, her arms crossed over her chest and looked at me. 

"You're going to meet me where? Why are you in uniform?" I finally said, making Ray scream lightly then slowly setting his phone down to his side. 

Schwoz came out from the secret room, holding something big in his hand as he was messign around with it. 

"Hey, I thought you said you were going to leave before Henry got here?"

"Oh, will you be quiet? Ever?" Ray grabbed the thing from Schwoz's hand and hooked it onto his belt. 

"Ray? What's going on here?" 

I looked at Aria, then to Ray, "Yeah. Dude, if there's something going on, tell me. I'm your sidekick."

Everyone fell silent for a moment. Schwoz walked over the control panel and started to mess around with the controls. 

"Wait, I'm confused. I thought your plan was to go fight that guy Drex, but not tell Henry so that Henry would never know about it?"

I watched as Ray started to shove a whole pineapple into Schwoz's mouth. All of us protested to try and get Ray to stop, but he didn't listen once the pineapple was completely in Schwoz's mouth. 

"Hey," I grabbed Ray's arm, "talk to me."

"Look kid. I've got to go fight a really bad guy. And I've got to fight him alone."

"Why don't you just tell Henry that Drex used to be your sidekick?" Schwoz said, finally pulling the pineapple out of his mouth.  

I heard Aria's phone clatter to the ground as those words slipped out of Schwoz's mouth. The ice cream was no longer in my hand; it was now on the floor and Charlotte had to clean it up, as no one else wanted to.

"You had a sidekick...before me?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I thought I was Captain Man's first and only sidekick. How could Ray hide something like this from me? Why didn't he tell me about this? For three years, he's hid this from me?

"I can't believe this. I-I cannot believe this." I said, pacing back and forth the Man Cave, Ray staring at me,.

I've never felt this upset with Ray in my life of working with him. I mean yeah, he could've told me this when I first got the job, rather than three years after I got the job. I just didn't think I would be Ray's second sidekick over anything else. 

"Guys, there breaking news."

"It says that the mistakenly released criminal, known as Drex, has been spotted in North Swellview, traveling south on East Avenue." Aria finished up reading the article that was just released. 

"I'm going with you." 

"No, I have to fight him alone, Henry. I know he's my first sidekick, but you could seriously get hurt." Ray said, stopping me from getting under the tube.