TWO

S3 EP1: A Finata Full Of Death Bugs 

***
Aria 

"Aria? What are you doing here? I-I thought you moved?" Jasper looked at me while stuttering on his words. 

A tear slipped down my cheek as I hugged him, "I moved back for you guys. Wow Jasper, you've grown a lot over the past three years." I laughed, realizing that he was a lot taller than me.

"Where's Henry and Char?" I asked, looking around the store for any signs of the two. 

Jasper tensed up, looking past the chain link curtain, "They're working right now. I can, uh, see if our boss can give them a break. Hold on." Jasper left me hanging and ran towards the back. 

While waiting for what felt like fifteen minutes, I got bored and walked around this Junk N' Stuff place. Well, it sure was filled with junk that people had sold or given up. 

There were a bunch of nuts and bolts in little baskets, along with a barrel filled with swords. Across the counter was a huge plant that was shaking his head at me, which really freaked me out. 

"Jasper, why are we up here? Ray needs us at work." 

Henry. That was Henry's voice that I heard, and I couldn't believe that his voice got lower over the course of three years. 

They hadn't returned to the front of the store, so I kept looking around at the weird things that were in here. There were all sorts of buckets lying around, which reminded me of when Jasper used to be obsessed with his buckets. 

"Seriously Jasper? Am I going to have to slap a boy?" 

I turned around, three people staring at me from the counter. I dropped whatever I was holding and it clattered on the floor next to me.

 My three best friends now stood in front of me, shocked and surprised at my unannounced appearance. They all looked different; grown up.

"A-Aria?" Henry walked around the corner and up to me, his eyes doing the rest of the talking. I half smiled, pulling him into a hug. 

Now I wish I'd grown some more over the years. I was only five foot two, so Henry basically towered over me measuring at least five foot six. 

"Hey Hen." 

"I can't believe you're here. You look so different." Charlotte complimented, shoving Henry to the side so she could hug me. I watched as Henry struggled to grab onto the counter. 

"Look at you guys. Especially Henry. He's no longer the shorty I remember." I laughed, remembering that Henry used to be shorter than me. 

Before Henry could respond, his watch started beeping. Confused, I looked back and forth from the three, waiting for answers, "I'm sorry Aria. We have to get back to work before Ray gets mad."

The three of them scurried behind the counter and to the back. I followed behind them, shouting their names, but they weren't there anymore.  

An elevator was there. As curious as I was, I pressed the button. Nothing happened, so I pressed it again. After several times of trying to get this elevator to work, I gave up and walked to the the front of the store.

 I took one last look at the store and walked out, letting the door slam behind me on my way out. 

I heard my phone go off, so I pulled it out of my back pocket and saw I had a message from my mom. 

Mom: Mrs. Hart invited us over for dinner tonight at 7. 

Aria: Okay, I'm on my way home now.

***

Henry 

Ray triple beeped me, meaning that there was an emergency and they needed Captain Man and Kid Danger to help. There was emergency at the Swellview Airport, and there apparently was a bunch of zom-bees inside of a finata.

"How do we get rid of it?" I asked Schwoz and Ray, making sure that Ray didn't drop the finata on the ground. 

"Take it upstairs to Junk N' Stuff. I'll call animal control, have them come pick up that finata of death." Ray said, grimacing as he passed it over to me. 

I carried it to the elevator, almost forgetting to change out of my Kid Danger uniform. 

"Hey Jasper! Yo, Jasp." I got upstairs, screaming out Jasper's name. When I got the the front of the store, he wasn't there. Ray beeped me, so I set down the finata and made my way to the Man Cave. 

Charlotte got pulled into the Auto Snacker, so Schwoz and Ray needed an extra pair of hands. Six pairs of hands were gripped onto Charlotte's legs, trying to pull her out. 

"HELP! AHHHH!" 

Charlotte went flying back into the Auto Snacker. I pressed my hand on the Auto Snacker and called for a Charlotte, then she came flying out of the Auto Snacker. 

"Oh, I sold the finata." Jasper said, not realizing what was inside of it. 

"Great. Well, just give it to the guys that- YOU SOLD THE FINATA?!" Ray yelled, his eyes growing wide by Jasper's statement. 

I stressed out. Jasper sold the finata filled with zom-bees to my sister. Jasper's not very smart when it comes to things with my sister, so of course he's going to sell something to Piper. 

"We just got to sneak in, grab the finata, and get out of there fast." I came up with a plan on how to get the finata out of Piper's friends birthday party. 

Charlotte knew that we couldn't just sneak in to the party as Captain Man and Kid Danger, so we dressed up as party clowns not knowing that it would lead us into making balloon shaped animals.

"Ray, Ray, Ray! They're whacking the finata." I grabbed Ray's arm and pointed to the tree. The finata was dangling from a branch, multiple girls hitting it with a stick. 

I watched as Piper came back into the backyard with a shovel in her hand. Mine and Ray's eyes widened as Piper started to whack the finata with the shovel. 

As Ray was getting attacked by the preteen girls, I took this to my advantage to sneak past everyone. 

I went around the parents and near the tree. I grabbed ahold of the finata, trying to pull it down from the tree it was attached to. 

I jumped onto the finata, barely able to keep myself on top of it. 

The finata broke off the string, but I landed on it, causing it to break open. The swarm of zom-bees started flying everywhere, soon attacking the other clowns that showed up. 

"H-happy birthday Gabby." Ray and I said, pointing to Piper's friend.  We turned around to make a run for it, but Gabby's mom stopped us. 

We ended up having to stay for two more hours and make balloon animals. Ray knew what he was doing, unlike me. 

"Look, I made an x." 

A girl coughed, telling me it wasn't enjoyable. 

"Um, excuse me? How much longer do we have to be here?"

"An hour and fifty-five minutes." I groaned, turning back around and continued to fail miserably at making balloon animals. 

When we left and went back to the Man Cave, my mom had sent me a message. 

Mom: Aria and her mom are coming over at 7. I need you home by 6. 

I smiled to myself, knowing that I can finally hang out with Aria again.