EIGHT

S3 EP4: Mouth Candy

***
Aria

After school ended today, Jasper invited me to go to Mouth Candy with him, since we're the top two favorite customers. The place was extremely colorful, and I swear it looked like a rainbow had multiple babies. 

"Ah, Jasper and Aria! Good to see you. How have you guys been?" Mr. Sugarman asked us when we walked in. 

"Okay, I guess." Jasper said, no emotion what so ever in his voice. I frowned, then answered the question for myself. 

"I'm good, just moved back to Swellview." I smiled, making my way around the candy store, my mouth drooling at the sight of it all. 

"Ooh, that's the back door bell. I'll be back in two jiffs." Mr. Sugarman left the front of the store, leaving me and Jasper alone. 

"What's going on Jasper? You're usually happy and perky." I walked up to him, my arm on his shoulder as he stared at the candy below him. 

"I don't think Captain Man likes me."

"Uh, what now?"

Jasper tensed up, "Well, we've always ran into each other and I'm pretty sure he hates me. But he's a superhero, who's also my role model."

Jasper didn't have time to respond as the front door bell rang and someone entered it. I gasped, pulling Jasper to the side. It was Mitch Bilsky, the guy I encountered at the Gismo Show a few days ago. 

He started to shove candy into the pockets of his jacket, completely unaware that we were watching him practically steal candy. Jasper turned his body, and I heard him dialing a number of some kind. 

"Who are you calling?" I asked, staring at his now blackened phone screen. 

"I, uh...Captain Man's phone line. He didn't pick up." He said staring back at his phone while also slapping it against the palm of his hand.

I know Jasper was lying, but I didn't bring it on to suspect him anymore than I already had. We turned around again to see Mitch trying to steal the ten-thousand dollar candy boot. He used a pair of pliers to unlock the box, then pulled out the boot, all the alarms going off. 

"Oh crud!" Mitch yelled, looking around the store rather frantic knowing he was about to go to jail for trying to steal the candy boot. 

"Ha! You're in trouble now Mitch!" Jasper said, me following as he went to confront Mitch. I knew this wasn't going to end well. 

Next thing I knew, the candy boot was in Jasper's arms as Mr. Sugarman came running in from the back. I slapped my forehead, watching Jasper's expression change real fast. 

I watched as Mitch and Jasper fought over who tried to steal the candy boot. I wanted to jump in and say that I saw Mitch do it, but he'd blame me as well.

"He who holds it, stoles it." 

"That's not even a real phrase!" I shouted at Mitch, throwing my hands in the air at Mitch's stupidity, just like his brother. 

Soon enough, Captain Man and Kid Danger entered the candy store, groaning when they saw Jasper. I furrowed my eyebrows together.