PROLOGUE

S1 EP1: The Danger Begins

***
Aria
Three Years Ago

I'm at Henry's house, Charlotte, Henry and I working on our algebra homework. Jasper, on the other hand, was trying to invite people over for his birthday party. Sadly, that never worked for him in the past years. 

"What are you doing Henry? We're supposed to be studying for our algebra test." I said, looking over at what problem Charlotte was currently on. 

"Hey, here's a cool job I can do; foot model." Henry said, placing his foot on the table trying to tell us that he could actually model for feet. 

"Maybe you shouldn't model for feet. Just saying." Charlotte said, shoving Henry's foot off the table and continuing to look at her algebra. 

I set my book down and walked to Henry's kitchen. I opened the fridge and took out the pitcher of lemonade, then asked if anyone wanted any. 

"Charlotte and I do!" Henry yelled, speaking on behalf of Charlotte, who didn't answer herself. I poured three glasses of lemonade and carried them to Henry and Charlotte, then went back to grab my glass. 

"Yo guys, can we go over the list for my birthday party?" Jasper asked. I rolled my eyes as I made my back to the living room couch. 

"Sure." Henry said casually and I glared at him.

"No." Charlotte and I said together.

"No!" 

I watched as Jasper pouted, "But I invited fifty-two people, and nobody texted me back yet. What does that mean?"

I threw my back against the couch and groaned, along with Charlotte who was growing rather irritated by Jasper's lack of studying. 

"That people have been to your parties before." I said, dragging out each word so that Jasper could fully understand every word I said, and hoped that he would catch on as to why no one goes to his parties. 

"Christmas. Three years ago. Fifteen people ended up in the hospital." Charlotte stressed, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Because of your raw turkey." 

I snorted at Henry's comment, as it was entirely true. I refused to place a piece of turkey into my mouth at his Christmas party. 

"It was turkey sushi." 

"A boy almost died!" 

Henry grew rather irritated at the bickering between us, so he cut the silence, "Okay. The first person to help me find a job gets...this bowl of pine-cones." 

After Henry's mom came downstairs to embarrass him about his underwear and Piper came in the front door screaming her head off about some Allison girl, the four of us walked over to the kitchen. 

"Here's a job. At a store called Junk N' Stuff. It says, 'Needed: Part Time for various duties.' And see, it says no special skill necessary." 

Henry ran out of the house,  leaving me, Charlotte and Jasper alone. While Jasper was too busy with his birthday invites, Charlotte and I went back to working on algebra. 

"So...do you think Henry could get this part time job?" Charlotte asked, her eyes focused on the algebra problem. 

"I hope he does. Maybe it'll teach him some type of responsibility." I laughed, my phone making a sound.  

Mom: I have bad news...we're moving tomorrow.

***

Henry

I reach the store Junk N' Stuff, a man looking suspicious standing around. Another man was behind the counter, a weird plant next him. 

"I'm Henry Hart; here about the job." I swung my hands in the air, wondering where on earth this job is or what it's about.

The man behind the counter pointed towards the back of the store, so that's where I went. 

Charlotte called asking if Jasper's basement smelled like chicken poop, which made me wonder why exactly Aria, Charlotte and Jasper were there in the first place. 

I pressed the button to open the elevator. When I stepped inside, I pressed the only button that was there. The elevator made a rumbling noise, then the ground beneath me literally left and I was flying down. I crashed to the bottom, the elevator door opening. 

I was met with this guy, who was amazingly funny, but also sort of weird. He kept asking me a bunch of questions. 

"So I can trust you...to keep a secret?" Ray asked, crouching down then shooting back up. I furrowed my eyebrows together. 

"Yes sir." 

"I'm going to blow a bubble." Ray said, stepping backwards as he kept chewing on his gum. 

"You're going to blow a bubble?" I asked, rather confused. 

"I'm going to blow your mind."

I watched as Ray chewed and blew the bubble. It popped, flashing lights moving up and down his body. When the light show was over, I saw who Ray actually was. 

"YOU'RE CAPTAIN MAN!" I yelled, shock and surprise across my face. 

An old lady entered the Man Cave, as Ray called it, and was asking about a bathroom. I saw her lean over and pull out a weapon, shooting Captain Man. 

I screamed, jumping on the lady's back. I recognized the tattoo on the neck, and knew this wasn't a real British lady. 

"Henry, you have a sharp eye, good instincts, a nice shirt and you're brave." Captain Man said, congratulating me. 

Moments later, a screen view of Charlotte and Jasper appeared on the monitors from up in Junk N' Stuff. 

"Aw, they seem like nice kids." Captain Man said, awing at my friends. 

"Yeah, their names are Jasper and Charlotte. Aria isn't with them right now, but I've known them ever since-"

"Get rid of them."

"I'll get rid of them." 

I went back up the elevator, the ride up not being so bad. Jasper was annoying Gooch behind the counter, asking if he could give him Canadian money for a barrel that Jasper called a bucket. 

"Okay, you guys got to go." I shoved the two of them outside and carried on to getting back down to the Man Cave. 

Ray and I went through multiple costumes, looking for the right one so I could be Captain's Man sidekick.

 We went through a bad one, a sparkly one, a broad way one, and a too tight one until we found the one that fit perfectly. 

"Now, raise your right hand, spread your fingers, turn your head and cough." He told me, and I listened to what he said then growing confused. 

I took an oath that told me that I could never tell anyone about me being Kid Danger. I couldn't even tell my best friends. 

Me and Captain Man ended up fighting the Toddler on the Jandy Bridge, and it sadly collapsed. That bridge was my dad's favorite bridge. 

I got home and went to my room, receiving a text from Aria. I opened it, and felt my heart start to shatter. 

Aria: I'm moving tomorrow Henry...