TWO

[her]

SLUGGISHLY, she limped through the barren streets of seoul. exhausted and worn out, she struggled to make it home in one piece. her legs ached with the soles of her feet stabbing her. she was painted in dried blood, bruises of multiple hues wrapping around her skin. safely tucked in her shorts was her gun, hidden from the common eye, but in her reach.

as her pace slowed, she heard the shrieks of gunshots to her left. the blaring sirens, flashing cherry and indigo trailed a speeding car, flying over the road. gunshots exchanged back and forth. cars toppled over each other, crashing straight into trees. screams of terrors cried, as the cars flipped. mangled metal burst into flames. chuckling, a feeling of warmth rose within her. eager for bloodlust, she spotted a car familiar to her, amid the exploding fever.

inside was a young female, lines across her body, gushing out droplets of blood. her clothing worn away, with scalded skin. her soul ready to fly off and leave her decaying corpse. in her eyes, remained the reflection of the moon, a shiny twinkle.

"look who we have here, isn't it kim ara." she smirked, twirling her hair with her gun. a velvety tone of sugar frosted her words.

ara recognized who she was, a childhood friend. the days she lived the fullest. hand in hand, they visited amusement parks. they dressed each other up, got drunk together. they cooked up disasters together, tiny giggles echoed throughout her home. they were like sisters who cherished each other dearly.

"h-haru" ara stuttered, every word draining the last bits of fire within her.

she smirked, running her gun across the girl's face. ara shivered from every touch.

"park haru is dead. i killed her." she pursed her lips, cocking her gun.

she hadn't heard that name in a while. it disgusted her, she puckered her face, drawing her nose up with wrinkles. her eyes were cold and empty, inside was an abyss of emptiness. she shook her head side to side, placing the gun on ara's forehead. holding the trigger, ready to pull.

"what a shame, we could have been good friends." she pouted, as she pulled the trigger.

her dull eyes rolled behind her head. ara was dead, her heart had stopped beating. her chest stopped rising and falling. her body had turned pale, the tips of her toes and fingers turned blue.

with a sigh of satisfaction, she placed her gun back into her shorts. she pulled out an unusual shade of bright red lipstick. she reapplied it, leaning into the girl's cheek placing a kiss.

she clicked her heels, walking away from the girl. her heart was heavy, hearing that name again angered her. she furrowed her eyebrows, kicking every bit of rubble in her way. she clenched her fist, repeatedly smashed the wall nearby her.

she wasn't park haru, and she would never be park haru. park haru was weak, and she was the opposite of weak.

she was having an internal war, pulling her hair as she walked nearby a convenience store. ready for a bit of excitement before the night ended. she pulled out her gun, kissing its top. going into the convenience store, she realized her appearance was horrendous. she simply shrugged it off, she was here only for a quick grab.

when she walked past the door, she knew there was no going back. she was prepared for an adventure. she glided past the counters of snacks and food, finding the cashier counting change. a man no more than thirty. clasping her hand around his mouth, she pointed the gun to the side of his head.

"hand me the money now." she demanded, digging the gun deeper into his temple.

he pointed to a small drawer by his counter. as she got up to get the money, he fished for his phone, his fingers trembling to dial 1-1-2. hesitantly, he brought the phone to his ear.

"convenience store, shadow, help." he mumbled, voice quivering.

she heard the light whisper, as she grabbed the money. giggling, she gave him a bit more time to chat with the police.

"oh did you call the police." she singsonged, worry creeping in her tone.

she aimed her gun to his forehead, without hesitation she pulled the trigger. the sound echoing throughout the narrow walls of the store. she kissed him on the cheek.

grabbing his phone, she hums "oops hun i think you're a bit too late."

she eyed the corners of the store, noticing blinking red lights. without a second to waste, she aimed and shot at the black cameras, crushed into smithereens. the shrill ringing of the sirens amplified as she opened the door on her way out. each turning second a car pulled in towards the driveway.

"five cars, a new record." she scoffed, reloading her gun.

she aimed and shot, back to back at the two incoming cars. the tires burst open gasping for air. the cars swerved out of control, colliding with one another. steam rose from the trunk as they exploded, flames engulfing the remains of the car.

at once, they charged at her. balling their fists in an attempt to attack her. she ducked lodging her gun into their chests, one by one. she stumbled to stand straight, her feet already weak and wavering. behind her more appeared, ready to pounce.

kicking off her heels, she spun, a threatening grip on the attacking man- holding his shirt. she stuck her gun into his chest, letting the bullet fly straight through. a loud thump, as she let him go with a kiss on the cheek.

her rampant breathing was worsening, every breath came in shallow gasps. she tackled each one, sending blows to their heads, kicks to their shins, and bullets through their brains.

the last one stumbled, wavering as she sent punches to his diaphragm. sputtering blood, he dodged her kick to the side. he jabbed his elbow into her stomach. she faltered, already weakened from the constant strikes. her eyes hunted his every move, as he paused. she sent her fist to the side of his head.

he stumbled, losing balance, he rocketed to the ground.

"why do they call you shadow." he croaked, his eyes softening asking for mercy.

"i'm like a shadow in the night sky, i kill without a trace." she answered, as she fired her gun.

his eyes widened in shock. the bullet lodged itself into his forehead, blood erupted out as she let her lips imprint her mark on his cheek.