FIFTEEN

[her]

SHE was a disaster, her life had spiraled out of control. she dealt with things completely opposite to jimin. since her encounter with jimin, she was nothing like haru. it seemed as if haru was erased from her memory

stepping foot inside her home without tousled hair or an alcohol stench was a rare occasion. she was often frivolous. her appearance was shaggy. she was in a horrible state.

her days were long and weary. on good days, she would come home not earlier than half-past one. however, a normal time for her was around three a.m. right as she had finished her schedule.

in order to take her mind off her countless thoughts that stabbed her, she resorted to beer. after she was done with her day, she partied in the nightclub for hours at a time. the ear-blasting beats combined with a touch of alcohol took her mind off things.

she was a lightweight, with more than 2-3 shots she'd be passed out on her bed the next morning. she knew her limits and stuck to them, having to continue her schedule after her parties.

her home reeked of alcohol. the house was a mess. clothes were scattered along the floor. her broken television had still not been replaced. the couch was dusted with a couple more bullet holes, and her kitchen was ornamented with beer bottles. the only pristine room was her workroom her guns laid neatly organized inside her drawers, papers stacked up onto her desk and a trash can filled to the brim with used cigarettes.

coming home she was often drunk, her hair a bird's nest. her makeup almost washed off, showcasing her eye bags. her gun stashed away in her pocket or belt.

she would walk on the streets with a confident stride, as she jutted her hips to the side with her every step. more often than not she would slur on the streets as she wreaked havoc. her gun twirled in her left hand as she loosely aimed and shoot all at the same time.

she had grown more irritable and short-tempered. if anyone was in her way they were dead. she had no patience nor time to wait.

she had gone insane. it was like a switch had flicked in her mind. she would do anything in order to have her brother love her. she had taken his words straight to her heart. she was going to be exactly what he had called her, a murderer.

news about her had spread more. she was on a rampage, a killing spree. there was now a curfew at night because of her. shadows were often common in the night, weren't they? she preferred killing the people that deserved it, but sometimes she bent the other way. it was a bit more common these days. after all, she was an assassin.

not a single night passed where she hadn't caused a disaster. one night it would be robbing a bank, another night it could be taking down a gang. she needed a bit of excitement to fuel her days. she couldn't stop the glee from every crime. nothing allowed her heart to beat more freely than crime.

she was also a hired assassin. the little crimes didn't give her enough excitement or thrill. she was quite well known after announcing that she did contract killings. a long fine line of calls followed her as she stepped foot into the business despite her conditions. she was in great demand with high pay. there was one condition, if they went out of there way to meet her, they were dead meat as well. each one requested a different job for her. she would take from dealers to the high up entrepreneurs. each one was a breeze for her.

her hair was tousled once again, her hands were stuffed in her pockets. all that was heard was the ticks of her every step. she strutted past the alleyways and passed the barren streets. the twinkles in the sky shined as she passed by the lakes.

as she arrived in front of the small cozy home, she sifted a sigh. she pulled out her gold key which dangled from a keychain.

she sat on her desk, as she gazed into the moon.

her cigarette was in between her index and middle finger, every second she brought it to her lips as she blew smoke out. she flicked in back and forth between her fingers, engrossed in thought.

she wasn't satisfied, for the past week, she didn't get enough adventure. all she got was measly calls to kill a random dealer. she rejected most of the easy ones, but she wanted a thrilling job. she wanted to get a buzz of excitement.

a melodious rhythm erupted from the vibrating phone nearby. she jolted back, then looked at her illuminating phone. her fingers reached towards it, clasping around the black case.

she brought it to her ear as a deep raspy voice spoke, "we have a job for you."

"you know the deal hun." she spun around in her chair, "pay and name."

"one million won-"

"-what are you gonna ask me to kill some business owner." she interrupted as she huffed out another blow.

prices in that range were normally for ceo's of some of the most profitable businesses. she considered those jobs a bit more dry for her taste, she enjoyed ones with a bit more action and fire to it.

the man chuckled as he spoke without hesitation, "no"

she cocked her head to the side, as her eyebrows raised.

"exo wants you to take down bangtan."

she knew that bangtan was the strongest gang, but nothing more. it was rumored that exo and bangtan were allied. this intrigued her further. the pay was better than normal for a gang.

she set her phone down on the table, putting it onto speaker mode. she trashed her cigarette and took out her handgun, kissing its handle. her lips curved into a slight smirk as she clicked her tongue.

"give me their whereabouts for tomorrow," she cocked her gun, "bangtan will be no more."