TWENTY-FOUR

[them]

ONE tick. then two ticks. a wave of silence. taehyung had just enough time for him to roll off his chair, and flatten with the ground. glass shattered aside of him with a thundering boom. blood splattered as the pieces shot into his skin.

wild flames erupted into the kitchen, obliterating everything in its path, growling with rage

the alarms blared at an incredible volume blasting away the silence.

"are you fucking kidding me!" taehyung screamed, covering his ears, "there's a fucking fire and an intruder!"

"yo hyungs someones breaking in!" taehyung shouted.

taehyung grabbed a knife, gripping it with his bleeding fingers. he ran away from the fire flailing his arms like a maniac.

"wow hyung i'm proud of you." jungkook roared, "but i think we already fucking knew!"

jungkook picked up a gun, cocking it. he held it to the side of his face as he pushed taehyung into the safe room. he slammed the door shut behind them.

jungkook groaned as he noticed the elder's red face, "now please do your stupid computer shit. so we can get the fuck out of here before we burn."

"excuse me." taehyung rolled his eyes, "i'd like to see you try my stupid computer shit."

jungkook pouted as he stared at taehyung. he stuffed his gun into his pocket as he leaned beside taehyung, staring into the black screen.

"hyung do you have any clue where the robbers are?" jungkook shouted into taehyung's ears.

taehyung squinted his eyes as he stared into his black screen. he waited as the cameras came into focus, eager to scan the home.

"they're in the basement." taehyung's eyes went left to right, mumbling numbers., " fuck. kook there's at least eight."

jungkook peered into the screen. he tilted his head, staring at the orange hair.

"wait, isn't that hoseok?"

taehyung caught a glimpse of orange before his screen turned black.

"hell no." taehyung hollored, "you did not just take out all of my cameras."

"you did not just hack into my fucking military grade software!"

taehyung wasn't going to let them go. he was sure his software was better than military grade, there was no way someone could hack into it just like that.

"fuck you taehyung." jungkook grumbled as he stepped out the room with his gun in his hand.

"kook i can't do anything if they take out all the cameras." taehyung's tone softened as he watched jungkook leave.

haru glanced around, blinking as she stared into namjoon's eyes. she was still unsure of her surroundings. her vision was sprinkled with dust, all she saw was a faint outline.

namjoon and jimin exchanged uncomfortable glances. they knew they were so screwed.

"jin hyung!" jimin hollered, "haru's awake!"

"oh for the love of all things."

namjoon didn't hesitate. he lunged her body over his shoulder and left the room. he held his gun in one hand, and haru in his other.

they sprinted down the stairs towards the safe room. a puzzled expression came by her face. the harsh ringing of the sirens brought her back into reality. she glanced around her, as she felt namjoon's hand on her legs.

a switch clicked within her, she was back into reality.

haru slammed her fist into his back, "put me down fucker."

haru squirmed in his hold, thrashing around as he held onto her.

"what the fuck!" namjoon yelped, "you just fucking woke up from a two-week sleep and you're already ready to kill me."

"fucking hell where's jin hyung when you need him."

"i'm the one i should love~" jin sang as he sprinted down the stairs, dancing with his gun in his right hand.

"my ears are bleeding hyung." yoongi groaned, "i'm this close to accidentally putting a bullet through you."

a gunfire erupted through the basement and with it the power.

the house turned pitch black.

"great now the fucking lights are gone too." yoongi mumbled.

jin's heart seized up as he took one step closer, careful not to trip. he pressed his back against the wall, as the fresh scent of gunpowder flowed through the air. he shouldered his weapon, reeling it tight against his shoulder.

"yoongi, find the others." jin whispered, "tell namjoon they're in the basement."

yoongi's footsteps were light as a feather. his heart rang with his dashing speed. he glimpsed around the room hearing light whispers in the corner.

"jungkook." namjoon started, "where did you keep it."

for a hot moment jungkook froze, he didn't know what namjoon was referring to. he grazed his gun down his face.

jungkook took an abrupt pause as it clicked, "in the basement."

yoongi wiped the beads of sweat off his forehead, inching towards the boys.

"joon they're already in the basement."

"fucking hell." namjoon groaned, "jungkook take haru, give her to taehyung and jimin to deal with."

namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. he just knew something was wrong. he took a deep breath, tracing back his steps. his heart rate skyrocketed.

"shit. hoseok's in the basement."

namjoon shoved haru into jungkook's arms, chasing behind yoongi.

"you thought bitches!" taehyung screamed as he continued smashing his fingers onto keys.

"fuck yes!" jimin's hand slammed into taehyungs, "show them who they are fucking with!"

"happy birthday! i have a special surprise delivery for you!"

jungkook dropped haru onto the ground. he sent a wink straight towards taehyung.

"jungkook!" taehyung roared as jungkook sprinted out.

taehyung flashed jungkook a middle finger. a dark black washed over taehyung's eyes, an ember of anger.

he huffed, crossing his hands as his lips formed a pout.

"i'm not babysitting a brat. i did not sign up for this."

haru stood up straight,"i'm not a fucking brat."

"jiminie please take care of your sister." taehyung whined.

taehyung clasped his hands together as he begged towards the pink haired boy.

"you do it. i'm busy with your shitty software."

"my software is anything but shitty." taehyung grunted, "need i remind you who helped me build it."

jimin tilted his head. a soft smell of smoke absorbed him. he scanned around the room. he titled his head and pointed towards the flickering flame brewing into the room, devouring everything in its path.

"taehyung." jimin paused, "what the hell is that."