FIFTY

[them]

NAMJOON held haru in his arms. his heart thumped against his chest at the sight of the frail girl.

"haru!" he called out, tapping her shoulder.

haru didn't respond. she was out cold.

namjoon tucked his gun in the hem of his pants. he carried haru bridal style. she was as light as a feather.

her eyes gently opened, gazing straight into namjoon's. an uneasy expression covered her features.

"i don't feel so good."

haru's voice was no more than a whisper, each word was stressed.

namjoon looked at haru, "tell me what's wrong haru."

haru's eyes had closed before namjoon could finish. he only hoped that the others would be in this cell.

namjoon held his breath as he dashed closer to the bars. his eyes darted left and right through the bars.

he relieved a sigh as he saw familiar faces inside.

"namjoon!" they screamed from inside.

namjoon fumbled with the keys, trying each one until the door opened.

"jin hyung." namjoon's face was etched in worry, "something's not right with haru."

jin's face was weary, he hadn't slept an ounce. it was scarred in a variety of cuts, thousands of different splotches in blue and purple painted over his skin.

"let me see." jin sighed, "bring her here."

namjoon sat her upright on the ground beside jin. namjoon sat on the other side of haru, intertwining his hand with hers.

haru's face was flushed, her eyes fluttered open. they were dark and sunken as she looked up into namjoon's eyes.

"i don't feel good," she whispered.

haru could barely talk, each word that escaped her lips made her feel weaker.

jin pressed the back of his hand on her forehead, "namjoon, she's burning up."

haru lifted up her hands, touching her forehead. she pulled onto her hair.

"it hurts." she slurred, "namjoon, it hurts."

namjoon brushed back haru's hair, "i know haru. i know."