THIRTY-THREE

[them]

HYUNSIK chuckled. he looked behind him as he walked away into the distance. he had already won this game of chess before it started.

"what the fuck hyung!" jungkook shrieked.

jungkook stomped his feet into the ground. he twirled his gun in his right hand. anger flowed through his veins.

"what's this stupid bullshit your dad is spouting?" jungkook howled, "why the fuck didn't you kill him?"

"trust me jungkook." namjoon went silent, "if i had killed him, we would never see jin again."

jungkook stopped in his steps. he hated to admit that namjoon was right. namjoon's father was a dangerous man. jungkook knew that very well.

"jungkook we have to go!" namjoon shouted.

jungkook was in a daze. his head spun into a thousand circles. he couldn't breathe. his cries sucked the air out of his lungs. his small world faded away. his vision was hazy as tears escaped his eyes. he couldn't hold it in longer.

he looked towards the boy screaming at him. he was deaf. his own screams pierced his ears. he lost everything. only namjoon remained for him.

namjoon pulled jungkook by the arm, "kookie we need to leave now!"

namjoon's shirt was stained blood red. his hands were quivering as he held onto jungkook's arm. sweat droplets coated his forehead. he pulled onto jungkook, trying to exit their home.

jungkook turned his head to the side as he noticed the blood. through his tears, he saw the fear in namjoon.

his voice shook, "hyung, why is their blood on your shirt."

namjoon froze. his hand pulsed and his feet trembled. he opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. it was all his fault.

"kookie." his voice quivered, "i killed him"

"he made me do it." namjoon was crying out tears, "he made me kill your father."

"jungkook!" namjoon called, shaking him.

a tear trickled down jungkook's cheek as he turned his head towards namjoon.

"why is he doing this?" jungkook whispered, "didn't he take enough from me?"

the boys were star struck. jungkook would be the last one to cry in front of others. he hated burdening his hyungs.

namjoon didn't waste a moment before swallowing the younger into a hug. under the hands of his father both of them had suffered far too much.