FIFTY-FIVE

[them]

A wave of heat crept up haru's cheeks paired with a pink hue. her face flushed a rosy pink.

"would you be mine?" namjoon gazed into her eyes, "would you be my girlfriend?"

haru's heart beat rapidly. it pounded against her chest. she stared back into namjoon's eyes, mesmerized by the black orbs.

"i'd really like that." haru whispered.

haru stood up. namjoon rose beside her. he towered over her. his rosy lips curved upwards with a slight indent of his cheek.

haru's heart was beating too fast. it slammed against her chest with every passing second.

she stood on the tips of her toes, leaning in towards him. her lips locked with his. her arms tangled around his neck.

he bent down slightly, tilting his head as he joined her lips with hers. he held her by the waist, kissing her back softly.

they pull apart from each other. namjoon's eyes crinkled with a smile. her eyes sparkled with the brightest twinkle.

time seemed to have stopped.

"we should get going." haru nudged namjoon, "they're probably waiting for us."

namjoon pouted, "okay babygirl."

***

the eight of them stared at the car, glistening in the sun.

"wait. wait. " jin counted the seats inside the car, "there's only eight seats-"

"-and nine of us." taehyung finished.

taehyung and jin met eyes. this would cause a lot of trouble.

"well, that sucks." jungkook rotated his head around, "i am certainly not sharing a seat."

jungkook crawled into the car, plopping onto a seat. he crossed his arms and huffed.

"neither am i."

"i'm driving. so i can't share a seat."

one by one each one pelted out an excuse for getting their own seat. they climbed into their seats leaving one vacant seat for the remaining two people.

"oh shit." jungkook mumbled, "that leaves haru and namjoon to share a seat."

taehyung shrugged, "that's their problem for taking too long."

jungkook looked out the car window. in the corner of his eyes, he noticed two figures running towards the car.