FIFTY-FOUR

[them]

HER hands fell to her side.

namjoon's eyes widened. his heart slammed against his chest.

no. no. no.

she wasn't gone. she was here, in his hands. she was full of life. she was alive.

she wouldn't leave him. she said she wouldn't.

namjoon shook his head, "haru!"

there was no reply. his eyes swelled up with tears. she wasn't gone. he cradled her in his arms, hoping she might come back.

the second group burst through the door. the four of them dashed inside. they were covered in sweat.

they took deep breaths, gasping loudly. by the way they entered, it seemed they rummaged through the entire five stories.

"we found it!" jin shrieked, rushing over with a small needle.

jin took one look at namjoon's face. namjoon's widened eyes, his expression of shock, his guilt.

they couldn't be too late. she didn't leave them. she wouldn't right?

jin shook away all his thoughts. he jabbed the needle inside her, spilling its contents into her bloodstream.

the rest of the group ushered beside her. they glanced at her closed eyes and pale skin.

she was still kicking, right?

jin pressed his fingers into her arm, "there's a pulse."

"she's unconscious." jin stopped and started again, "it'll be up to her if she'll wake up."

it seemed like time wouldn't pass. the days would never go on. each day seemed barren, black, devoid of joy. each day without her.

even on the day of her funeral, neither of the boys could forget her tan skinned face full of happiness.

the sky mourned along with them on that day. seven boys stood cladded in black suits, with an umbrella over their heads. the rain poured with flashes of thunder and lightning.

their heads were down, staring towards the ground. each one of them believed it was their fault. the despair in their eyes was enormous.

there were no smiles. there was no happiness. only gloom floated through the air. a sense of hopelessness was all that remained.

each one took turns lighting a candle, placing it beside the casket. her seven flowers, seven angels.

the casket was open. it was stained a cherry red, the color of her lipstick. it was scented with a fresh scent of vanilla, just like her.

inside was a brown-haired girl devoid of life. pale skin and closed eyes. a girl they all cherished and loved deeply, now hand in hand with death.

jimin rose first. he laid his umbrella to the side as he walked towards the casket. his own shadows trailed behind him pegging him, blaming him.

jimin allowed each raindrop to crumble against his suit. in his eyes he held tears back, fighting back the urge to cry. he stood by the casket, looking at the other six.

"noona." he started, "she was my noona."

jimin looked at her body inside the casket. he swallowed the well in his throat. he needed to be strong for her.