A/N & Update - 34

A/N: Hey Guys! This is an update of the story but first I'd just like to say some stuff - you can skip this if you want. I'd just like to say thank you so much for 14k reads! It actually blows my mind that one of my stories has so many viewers and that people actually enjoy it. Like at the beginning- when I first started writing this back in January- I never thought that people would actually read it. I even had in the description "I'll probably be deleting this soon" and I just think it's crazy that, that was my mindset when I started. It makes my day when you guys comment on the stories and give me feedback/ideas and vote. It's weird how much the story as grown; it use to take me a few days to get 10 reads on a chapter (even sometimes some chapters wouldn't even get reads) now when I post an update it blows my mind how fast the reads go up. Like I posted an update yesterday (at the time I'm writing this) and it's already reached over 100 reads. I never thought that the story would get so much appreciation. To be honest, at the start, I wasn't that invested in the story - however now, because I don't want to let you guys down, I try my best on each update.

I don't really know where I'm going like this, all I want to say is thank you :) 🤍

Ellie's POV
The boys went on an adventure to go find Eldons phone - I don't even know how he lost lost it. Wait no I do.... he's Eldon.

I didn't feel like walking around today, one because it cold - I don't like cold and second I'm way to lazy for that and the boys shenanigans. They'd probably get us trouble by that police guy again. Plus the boys will probably be back soon from practice and finding that phone and minute - it's getting dark.

I hop out of my bed and walk to the bathroom and have a hot shower - let's just say I was nice while I was in there but freezing when I got out. I chuck on some grey tracksuit pants and throw on a light pink jumper. I also braid my hair and put some fluffy socks.

Once I get back in bed, I put my laptop on my lap and go to Netflix. But as soon as I press the show I want to watch - because UK Netflix, Duh, who wouldn't want that - I get a FaceTime call. I look at the ID and see it's Riley. I'm not looking so hot right now but I sit up straighter and answer the call. "Hi-"

"Omgosh Ellie! I'm so stressed out right now! With the qualifier and other other team - Gemini. Steal. Maybe. People!" She rants but I don't understand.

"Riley!" I stop her. "Speak slower..."

"I'm really stressed out. We just got an email from the regionals board and at the next qualifier the winner can steal a dancer from another team." She says and I nod, "Also you know the Gemini's? The ones who won the last qualifier? Well they can dance again."

"What?!" I say loudly that the next room beside me could hear. I know I'm not part of the team anymore but I still want the studio to go to regionals. "Why would they give up the chance?"

"I don't know!" She stressfully yells. "I just don't know what to do. Also everything has just been so confusing at the studio.... I just don't know what to do." She vents.

"Have you been talking to James? I'm sure he'll know what to do." I suggest Riley talking to James because he would have more advice since he is her boyfriend. Whenever I had a problem I'd go to Noah... but now I go to anyone but him.

"Not really, the time zones are really difficult."

I hum in agreement, I've been trying to talk to Mum but I always wake her up in unreasonable hours.

"Anyway off the topic of me, how have you been El?" Riley asks.

"I've been good." I smile, "hanging out with the boys reminds me of when we got stuck in the Everglades." I giggle.

"Oh, you guys have Ms Kate a mini heart attack that day." Riley laughs.

"Yeah, the boys were out looking for Eldons phone and I'm guessing now they are at practice for the comp. I'm back at my room all alone. I'm thinking of going out but it's really cold."

"Go out and explore Ellie!" She smiles, then pauses for a second, "Hey, why did you choose to go to England?"

I look back at the screen and think about what I'm going to say. "I uhm, i wanted to see the boys and.....I had to get away." I smile sadly.

"from people?" She asks softly. I nod gently and tears form in my eyes.

"I know I'm going to have to go home soon.... but I don't think I can." I shake my head.

"El...."

"Riley. Why do you think he did it?" I ask softly, "Did it like that?"

"I-I don't know." She says matching my tone.

"Why did he have to embarrass me like that?" I say with my voice breaking and a tear slips from my eyes and I quickly wipe it away, "He didn't even have the decency to break up with me in private...." I say looking way from the screen where Riley's face was.

"Ellie, I know he didn't mean it to come out like that." Riley says and I shake my head while sadly smiling and looking back at the screen, "Ellie there's something wrong with Noah, I know it."

"What? What's wrong with him?" I ask - to quickly if you ask me.

"I don't know. He hasn't been dancing to his fullest potential." She explains.

"I knew something was wrong with him at the first Qualifier... I remember we didn't do a lift..." I whisper but Riley can hear and she nods. "He never told me what was wrong, I'm guessing he told Amanda..."

"No. I've asked her, she doesn't know-"

"She could be lying, I mean she lied the whole time about her and Noah." I raise my eyebrows while cutting her off.

"Well all I know is I'm going to get to the bottom of it." Riley says finally after a pause.

Then I look up at my door because someone had knock on it, I quickly look back to Riley and give a fake smile. "Hey, I'll talk to you later, Ri. Someone's at the door."

"Yeah sure, see you."

"Bye."

I shut my laptop and stand up, I wipe the tears that I didn't know had fallen and walk to the door. Without looking in the peep hole I open my door.

"Hey, El."