𝒯𝓌𝑜

My arms gripped tightly onto his waist, feeling petrified as I've never been on a motorcycle before. What made me think I could ride one earlier today? I mean, it has the same logic as riding a bicycle...right? Or not.

He drove away from the rural city area and we arrived at a park, it was much brighter here due to the street lights, and it felt safer even though there was nobody else here. Just me and this mysterious biker.

Immediately I backed away from him, "You're not a rapist too are you?"

"You really think a rapist would save you from another rapist?" He remarked while unbuckling his helmet.

"I mean you never know, I'm just being cautious. Thank you by the way, for saving my life from those...those rapis- men."

The guy took off his helmet and unpleasant feelings emerged within me, "YOU?!" I exclaimed with disbelief.

"What? Me?"

"UGH, it had to be you. Of all people in this country, you. You shouldn't have rescued me, I'm just a con-artist right?" I scoff, turning to walk away from that man, the same man from earlier today.

"Where are you going?" He called out.

"Somewhere away from home."

"You wouldn't survive out there, it's a rough jungle." He added, that was a metaphor right? There are no jungles near the city.

This guy is right, how can I survive? I practically almost got raped today. Unwillingly, I turned back around and walked towards him.

"Look I know you don't like me so you don't have to pretend to be nice, it's fine." I shrugged.

"Who said I didn't like you? I didn't like your attitude, would be a much more accurate statement." He put his helmet on his bike, and made eye contact with me.

"My attitude?" I furrow my brows, yeah, I was rude today wasn't I?... "Look, I'm sorry about the bike incident earlier, I was just anxious about trying to outrun the palace guards."

"You really are the princess are you?" Doubt seemed to have left him, his voice was more sincere.

Since he's my rescuer, I guess it's only fair he knows who I really am. My hand rises to my black mask, removing it. "Ta da."

"Sorry I doubted you...your highness." He added, bowing slightly.

"Oh no need for formality, I'm not at the palace, just call me Y/N, please."

"Seo Changbin." He nodded.

"Nice to meet you Changbin." I smile warmly. A sudden gush of wind blew against my skin, my gown was not warm at all. My body shivered, lips trembled in this cold night.

Changbin took off his black leather jacket and put it around me, "I'm not trying to be like those cliche guys but you're going to get hypothermia if you don't accept my jacket."

Damn, he was right. "Thank you."

"So, what're you doing running away from the palace?"

"Well..."

FLASHBACK: ————

"Good evening Princess, you're mother has informed me that she wants you in the dining hall in 10 minutes." My lady in waiting, Hyuna, spoke as she entered my room, carrying some manicure items on a tray.

"She also suggests you wear that marvelous floral gown that was made for you by the royal dressmaker last week." She added, while putting the tray down and laying out some things.