Chapter 1

Who gets coffee at 10:00 at night? Coffee will keep one up for five hours! Who plans to stay up until 5 am on purpose?!
Tom shrugged it off as an all nighter of the collage student. They got a lot of those around here.
Tom handed the student their coffee. The student was barely awake at this point. The student shoved dollars into Tom's, obviously enough to pay for the drink maybe even more.
"Wait-"
But the student had already stumbled out the door.

"Goodness that person may as well be drunk!" Tom laughed to himself.

Tom finished wiping down all the tables and finally turned off the open sign. He quietly locked everything up and exited out the back door.

...

It was a very cold evening. The stars were beautiful even with all the pollution off they city making them almost invisible.
Tom liked to look at the stars. It brought back such fond memories of his father.
Tom's father loved the stars, and it rubbed off on Tom at an early age. While Tom never learned to spot constellations or planets, he loved the night sky. His father used to say that the stars were also windows into the afterlife. After he said that, he would cough.
"I'll be there soon," he would say.
Tom was too young to realize how soon.

The night was oddly quiet. Tom lived in a big city, he expected the sound of cars and-
Wait. Where was he?

Tom looked around and realized he wasn't sure where he was. He was in a dark maze of alleyways.
"Darn it," Tom hissed to himself. "I'm lost again."
Tom pulled out his phone, but it wasn't turning on.
"No way! I can't be out of battery! I-"

"LET ME GO!!"

Tom gasped at the scream. He peaked around the alleyway and saw a man being held against the wall by his neck.

"No! Release me!" The man demanded.
"You made a deal." Said another voice, the person holding him. "And no one crosses his dark majesty."
"Your Majesty is Satan!!" The man cried.
"YOU WILL REFER TO HIM AS THE DEVIL. YOU DARE NOT TO SPEAK HIS NAME!!" The voice pulled out a knife and stabbed the man.
The man screamed and fell to the ground,

Tom gasped. "Oh my god!" He cried, but quickly covered his mouth.
The other voice turned to him.
"Pl-Pleas don't hurt me! I-"

Tom felt dizzy all of a sudden. He knew he was standing. Or was he? He couldn't tell. Everything seemed to go slower as the voice, er, other man, got closer to him.

But before he could clearly see the others face, everything went dark.