Chapter 19

"A-Azal....is that a...?" Tom breathed.
"Run." Azal said.
"What?" Tom looked at Azal.
"RUN!"

The two sped up the skates and burst out of the skating rink. The angel flew above them, hot on their tail. She kept shooting at Azal, and Azal easily dodged.
"Whatever you do do NOT let go of my hand!" Azal yelled.
"Why?" Asked Tom.
"Look around, everything is frozen! When angelic assassins come for demons they freeze time so that there are no witnesses! Let go of me, and you'll freeze too!"

"Get back here, fowl beast!" The angel yelled from above. "And let the innocent human go!"
"Leave us alone!" Azal cried.

Suddenly, there was a hill. The two leaped over the edge and started to ride down it with great speed. But the angel was begining to gain on them.
"Azal she's going to get you!" Tom cried. "I'm slowing you down!"
"We'll be fine!" Azal said.
"No, you have to let me go! Its the only way!"
"No Tom! What is she gets to me?! I'll never see you again!"

Tom looked deep into Azal's eyes.
"I love you Azal," he said, and ripped himself from Azal's grip.
"TOM NO!!!" Azal cried as he zipped away from Tom with great speed, now lighter.

Tom had a sad smile on his face. He was frozen just before he would've fallen on the concrete.
Azal looked away before tears threatened to spill.

I won't get caught, And I will see you again! Azal promised as he zipped down the road.

_____________

Azal rolled through the alleyways as the angel struggled to get through them with her giant wings.
She kept shooting at him, somehow never needing to reload.
Suddenly there was a white pain in Azal's leg, and he crashed to the ground.

The angel landed next to him and held him down.
"The heavenly father has commanded your death," she said. "I personally wish to see the face of the one father himself has commanded dead." She ripped off his bandana that Azal always wore.

"Let me go you winged rat!" Azal squrimed.
The angel said nothing. She was practily frozen in shock.

"No, it can't be..." she breathed. "Azal?!"

(Wow i updated on time for once!)