Chapter 30

ok ok ok first of all, sorry for taking so long, I really wanted to write all this phase fast but i was busy and also overthinking and getting new ideas and talking about it with my friends (who also helped a lot thank you so much 💛) so i guess it was for the best????? anyway, hope you like it💛

TRIGGER WARNING: you won't have a good time here too

Jungkook

hey
r u up
we need to talk
it's important

Lisa texted Jungkook while she was on the bus on the way home, more than thirty minutes ago exactly, but he wasn't responding and it was strange. Jungkook always had his phone on at night; In one of their night conversations, he had told her that he liked listening to music at night and always had it plugged.

At going down at the bus stop, she looked at her phone and noticed that the messages were not delivering.

The feeling that gripped her body could only be called fear.

It was like when she was a teenager and she had argued with Chaeyoung about something so dumb that she couldn't even remember what it was anymore. They had not spoken to each other for days, very proud to surrender and both were on vacation anyway, one was in Marbella and the other in Bora Bora. But Lisa called her at the end and Chaeyoung didn't reply, the fear of losing her and the realization that she had just fucked up really bad hit her then and Lisa spent hours worried, with a sad heart and a mood so low that even her mother got concerned.

Chaeyoung didn't answer because she was on the beach, she forgot her phone at the hotel. Everything was fine already and she was really calm and happy.

But those hours were horrendous, full of panic and uncertainty. Did she hate her? Wouldn't they be friends anymore? This was the end?

Well, Lisa was feeling that way again and there was no way for her to calm down.

As she entered the building, she dialed his number. The path to the elevator was blurry, she was so nervous she was nibbling on her thumb and she felt herself drown in a toxic cloud of fear and questions.

"This number is not available at the moment, leave a message"

Well, he could have his phone turned off.

Or maybe he had it in the not disturb mode.

But why would he do that, Jungkook used his phone to work except for when he was in class and of course, he wasn't in class at 1AM nor sleeping.

"This number is not available at the moment, leave a message"

Maybe it was off.

Yes.

Maybe it was off.

She opened their conversation again.

"Not delivered"