Norton x Reader

Oh my gosh I think my English is degrading each time I write a chapter X,D I guess this is what happens when you used up all your brain cells on a stupid project h a h a- Please enjoy this garbage I wrote at 12am :,)))

~~~

Flustered. That was the first word which came to (Y/N) mind to describe the emotion she was currently feeling. While the female survivor was busy trying her best to decode without getting distracted, a certain prospector was doing whatever he could to capture her attention by showering her with endless amounts of praises, compliments and just bad pickup lines that were just bad in general.

'What is he up to...' She internally sighs, wondering what his plan was but allowing him to continue to do as he pleases since they were already on their last cipher. "Y'know, these magnets aren't the only attractive things tonight~" A calibration was missed and they both pulled their hands back as sparks were emitted from the cipher machine, their mistake had alerted the hunter and it was possible that Bane was heading towards their direction. "Sorry, my bad." Norton apologies with a sheepish grin when the female survivor shot him a quick glare before returning her attention back on the cipher machine.

Noticing a huge silhouette approaching from afar, both of them started to work faster in hopes of completing it before one of them got caught. "Duck!" Norton screams, pulling (Y/N) down along with him when Bane throws his hook, fortunately both of them were to avoid on time. "Get the exit gate, I'll pop the cipher." He immediately instructs but she seems to hesitate, not exactly on board with the idea of leaving him but the sudden sense of urgency in his voice forces her to nod her head in response as she bolts out of the area, towards the closest exit gate.

The prospector prepares his magnet to stun the hunter but for some odd reason, he was completely ignored and his attention seems to be on the supporter who had just left, most probably still furious at the fact that his head had been slammed by her for numerous times while she was getting chased. It didn't ease his frustrations when he lost her during the process so Bane had his target set on (Y/N), wanting to send her back to the manor no matter what. Before he could take another step forward, an unknown force had pulled him back and his body was slammed against a pallet.

"If I were you I would watch your surroundings, big guy." Norton taunts with a smirk, tossing his magnets in the air and catching it as the sound of the alarm goes off, signalling that the cipher has been popped and now all the exit gates could be activated. The prospector's taunt along with the sound of the alarm had given Bane more frustration, fully aware of the fact that the survivor in front of him was only going to take up his time, he changed his skill to teleportation and vanished.

"Shit this can't be good." Fearing that he may have teleported to where (Y/N) was, he didn't waste a single time to run after her. Norton had never expected the hunter to be able to think through his actions since Bane would normally chase after whoever was in front him, especially when he was blinded by rage. So for him to be this stubborn was pretty unusual and he couldn't shake off the bad feeling that had started to build up.

~

"Where is she...?" A good minute has passed since he had arrived at the exit gate along with Kevin and they both decided to wait together for the female survivor, to say that he was worried was an understatement. Norton was getting anxious as seconds ticked by and he was starting to find difficulties in staying at one spot as he waited for (Y/N) to appear. "I'm going to look for her." The prospector announces as he takes a few steps outside the exit gate to be only stopped by the other survivor, clearly not on board with his idea. "Simmer down pal, I'm sure lassie will get here soon."

As if to prove Kevin's word right, they could hear a high pitch screaming followed by the sound of a flare gun, it was safe to assume that she was just right around the corner. Both male survivors shot their head towards the direction of her screaming to see (Y/N) running at the speed of light while miraculously dodging Bane's swing by pure luck.