Wu Chang x Reader

And the oreos are finally out- At this point I don't think any of my brain cells are even alive anymore so I hope you guys will have fun reading it uwu Also also- I decided to try something new out so please keep an eye on a few details as this story will be connected to another I have yet to upload owo 

~~~

The past couple of days have been rather peaceful for the herbalist as the time she spent together with Wu Chang has been lesser due to their packed schedules which wouldn't allow them to see each other for the time being. The hunter had been with them for so long to the point where she was able to adapt to her noisy background where Fan would constantly pick on her to get the attention he wanted and Xie tried to refrain from his brother from doing anything that would cause her to be upset. Now, there was silence and she could probably hear her own breathing in the empty room as she stared at the window with a blank expression.

Luckily for (Y/N) though, her companion, a black snake was there to entertain her whenever she felt bored. Even if their conversation was small or pointless, it was better than forcing her brain to remember the past events which she had lost after her death. Unlike most of the hunters in the manor, she could not remember a single memory from her past life, not even the cause of her death or how she had died. The only thing she could remember without even trying was a lullaby which felt nostalgic to her. Whenever the opportunity rises, she would softly humm the lullaby to herself in fear of losing it as well.

Her humming then immediately came to a pause when she noticed that her door was left ajar and she could see a certain geisha trying to hide behind the door. "Can I help you, Michiko-San?" The female hunter then clears her throat before entering her room with a fan in her hand as she uses it to cover half of her face in embarrassment of being caught. "I apologise for not announcing my presence earlier. Your voice sounded so lovely so I couldn't help myself..." The corner of her lips curved upwards at Geisha's comment, somewhat embarrassed at the fact that she has been so careless by not noticing the female hunter's presence as she was far too absorbed in the lullaby. "Ah thank you, I appreciate your compliment. Is there something I can help you with?" (Y/N) jumps straight to the point, wondering what would a fellow hunter need from her.

"If it's not too much to ask for, could you cover me for a match? It begins in an hour." Michiko stated with an apologetic smile as she knew her request was very last minute but (Y/N) knew that there was no ill intentions involved so she would gladly accept all sorts of requests as long as it was coming from a friend who she considers trustable. Besides, there was barely anything for her to do especially when Wu Chang was not around to cause a ruckus. Well, complaining wouldn't do much since they were the ones who requested frequent matches but whenever she would question either the black or white guard for their reasons, the replies she would get were beyond satisfactory. "I wouldn't mind." The herbalist simply replied as she lifted herself off from her seat, patting the dust away from her skirt.

Delighted by (Y/N)'s answer, Michiko's nervousness fades away as she bows her head in gratitude, immediately offering an invitation to the fellow hunter, hoping that she would be able to join them for a cup of relaxing tea everyone deserved after long hours of matches. Of course, there was a slight chance for the guards to appear so she accepted Geisha's invitation without a bat of an eye. Well, if they didn't show up then it was too bad but that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy her time with the other hunters. "I'll be looking forward to your visit." The female hunter says with a sweet smile while (Y/N) gave her a slight nod in return. "So will I, it's been awhile since I last had a cup of tea with you."

~

Upon arriving at the waiting area few minutes before the match started, both Xie and Fan were startled to see the herbalist as they were expecting to see the Geisha there instead and it was safe to assume (Y/N) was just as shocked as they were considering the fact that neither were informed of who their partner was. Michiko never told the guards she had decided to look for a replacement while the female hunter was not informed of who the other person was going to be so it was a delightful surprise to both. "Oi why's there a midget." Ah, must this be the first thing Fan has to say?