Norton x Reader

OHHH BOII I am sorry for the late update! My dumb ass thought it was a good idea to rewrite the whole entire thing in one day- My brain is the same size as a goldfish send help- Okay but uh- just a fair warning since I feel like this fanfic isn't really that well though out because I wrote everything out in one day- uhhh...I hope you guys will enjoy this shitty angst somehow-

~~~

Ah Norton Campbell, there wasn't a single person living in the workhouse who could forget such a youthful and kind fellow. He was described to be a positive individual who was always looking out for others before himself, tending to homeless elderly miners. Due to his well manners along with the good deeds he has done so far, the young prospector has gained many praises from the public and trusts from people who lived in the workhouse. Not only did Norton have a kind soul, he was a diligent worker as well, constantly being the first to head into the mines for work and the last to exit. It may seem to be far-fetched but his colleagues who were there to witness Norton's hard work were there to defend him.

Many people have always wondered why the prospector was constantly working hard, some believed it to be a part of his personality and it was only in his nature to be diligent but there were also others who thought otherwise, assuming that the young man must have hidden his true intentions or something of the sort. Of course Norton couldn't allow those doubts to remain since it would only lead to his good reputation ruined. So he managed to convince most by stating the reason why he was always showing good performance was due to his hobbies for collecting ores which he found in the mines. There were also other methods he used if his statement didn't work, it was a difficult process but at least the chances of his reputation becoming tainted was at a low percentage now.

Currently, he is leaving the mines after spending long hours in it trying to look for treasures. Alas, he left with an empty hand with his head lowered and downcast eyes, disappointed with the fact that he had wasted his precious time on an empty mind yet again. Perhaps it was about time for him to move onto the next address instead of continuing searching for gold which was non-existent in this mine. 'It's not this one either..." Norton sighs heavily as he crosses out the twelfth address written on a piece of paper. 'Eleven more to go...' The journey back to his house was incredibly quiet as usual, I mean, what did he expect? It was close to midnight so there shouldn't be anyone else out here unless they were asking to be robbed.

Just as that thought crossed his mind, he could have sworn that he had heard voices coming from an alleyway he was passing by and judging by the voice, one voice belonged to a woman while the other belonged to a man. Judging by the tone of their voices, it was safe to assume that the conversation would not end well which gave him the hint to get away from the area as soon as possible since nothing good will come out from trying to play as a hero during midnight. As soon as he walked past, the lady screamed, "Get away from me!" Giving the man a hard push which causes him to stumble to the floor and from what the prospector could tell, her attractive features must have caught the attention of a drunken stranger.

It didn't take long for the stranger to fully recover from his fall as he slowly picked himself up before continuing his attempts to harass the poor maiden in front of him. On a normal occasion, Norton would have turned a blind eye towards such a scene and quickly left without another look since he didn't want to be dragged into any unnecessary trouble but he found it to be painful to just stand there and watch without doing anything which could really help her.

Although her short height was going to place her at a disadvantage, (Y/N) was prepared to defend herself just in case the other person decides to walk away instead. Thankfully, the worst outcome was avoided as the drunk man in front of her was suddenly pulled back and shoved to a corner. This time, it doesn't seem like he was going to get up anytime soon since his face actually landed right onto the trash bin. Whoever this man was, she knew he was strong without a doubt considering the fact that the impact sounded...effective? Oh well, that wasn't important now. What matters most was that she needed to thank the stranger for helping her out instead of watching.