Aesop x Reader (Birthday Special)

OOF HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BABY BOII UWU  I wrote this within a day and oh boy does it feel rushed :,))) It's probably not as good as the other chapters but please do enjoy it. Aesop is probably a lil bit ooc in here so please try to ignore it :,))) My brain cells refused to cooperate aha-

~~~

It was known to everyone in the Oletus Manor that a certain embalmer despised being around the living and preferred to be with the deceased instead. It was also a well known fact that he could never bring himself to enjoy festivities, including his own celebration of birth as he found it to be bothersome and as mentioned before, he disliked being close to people who were alive. Although there were some exceptions, it was crystal clear to most of the residents in the manor that he was not friendly to most and only communicated to a small group of people he was comfortable with around at least.

Fortunately for (Y/N), she was included to be a part of his small social circle since he claimed her to be someone who he could easily get along with considering the fact that she was just as quiet as he was. There were days where she would be talkative but it never really did bother Aesop since he found her voice to be very soothing to listen to. At first, he never really paid any attention to the topics she was talking about as it did not quite capture his attention apart from her angelic voice but as months flew by, he was no longer attracted by only her voice.

Aesop did not deny the fact that he found it strange for him to eventually crave for (Y/N)'s presence when they did not meet for hours as their schedules for their matches did not allow them to meet each other for long. The embalmer was quite astonished when he realised that he would find himself to dearly miss the presence of a certain being that was far from the death's door. He never thought that he would come to love someone who was still alive and well. How was he certain that his emotions could be called love? It was simple really.

Whenever the male survivor found her to be spending time with others instead of him, he would find the sudden urge to hide (Y/N) away from the world, to hide her in a place where no one else other than him could communicate with her or to witness her pure beauty. He wanted (Y/N) to solely depend on him alone and no one else should take that away from him. Of course, there was no way he could voice out such an unreasonable request to the female survivor since his confession may just scare her away instead and there was a chance where she would never see him as a trustable friend again which was not what he wanted so Aesop always ensured that he kept his jealousy in check and tried his best not to interfere with their conversations unless it was deem as necessary.

However for the past few days, it was starting to become much more difficult for the embalmer to keep his word since (Y/N) had been spending her free time more with the other male survivors compared to him. At the beginning, he didn't put too much thought into it assuming that she needed some time apart from him to strengthen her bonds with the other survivors whom she has communicated with. During those times where she was not around him but with another person instead, Aesop constantly reminded himself that he was not the only person who existed in her world and tried to keep an open mind of the fact.

While the embalmer was busy being jealous and sulking at the fact that the other survivors' had stolen her attention from him, (Y/N) was actually gathering advice from them to ensure that the present she was going to choose for his birthday would be at the very least satisfactory. It was proven that she was having a difficult time in choosing a gift for him as there was nothing that Aesop particularly likes aside from dead people and corpses and he had no preferences for food as well considering the fact that he was not a picky eater. She wanted to get him something that would stand out to him, attract his attention but not too extravagant for his taste.

Her mind then wanders to a certain accessory with beautiful and bright yellow roses on it, there was no doubt that the accessory would be a good present for him if it were not for the fact that he uses the very same type of flowers for his mother's grave which he used to frequently visit before arriving at the manor. 'I guess that's out of the list too...' (Y/N) ponders, releasing a puff of air as she laid back on the chair, her eyes meeting the ceiling of her room. Asking him about his likes and dislikes wouldn't give her any clue since he would always give her the same answer. "Maybe I should try asking again..." She asks herself, placing her elbow on the table and her chin in her hand.