The Nest

~Two Years Later~

The sunlight was warm on Blaze's scales as Blaze chased Ivy around our den. Pepper sat in the light watching over us while Mother was out hunting. Blaze playfully growled as Ivy charged at me. We both fell on the ground and chirped happily. Me and Ivy were really close, like best friends. Pepper kind of stuck to himself and sometimes only stayed by Mother. We both sat up and shook the dirt off our scales and began to play around again. Soon, Mother walked through the trees, holding the neck of a dead Corythosaurus in her mouth. She dropped the body infront of the den entrance and pulled a chunk of flesh from its back. Blaze, Ivy and Pepper all ran to the body and torn small slivers of flesh of the body. Ivy dropped a piece of meat on the ground. She began to pick it up, when Blaze quickly snatched it up. She chirped and they both began a game of tug and war over the meat. In the end, Ivy had ended up winning. Blaze turned back to the body and ate more of the Corythosaurus.

After a few minutes of eating, we finished lunched and laid down for a nap. Mother trotted into the den, with us following, and she laid down. We all laid down next to her and she curled her tail around our small bodies.

When we woke up a few hours later, the sun was casting a bright light as it sank behind the mountains. Ivy and Pepper walked our of the den and sat on a ledge, looking over the valley. But Blaze just yawned and fell back asleep.