The Postosuchus

~4 Years Later~

Blaze was now 10 years old. Ivy is 9, Tex is 9 and Emerald is 4. They've been living in a forest, food is easy to catch and water is easy to find. Emerald is the look out, while Tex is their chaser, the fast hunter of their pack, their family. Ivy said they should go hunt, so they can get some food for Emerald, as they were running low. Blaze agreed with a low grumble. Ivy nodded and left the den with Tex following her.

Tex stepped over a fallen log, which blocked the path. Ivy bit into a vine that was hanging in front of her and pulled it to the ground. In front of them was a large lake, surrounded by trees. They would have to cross the river to get to the other side. Tex saw a long line of rocks that they could walk on. Tex stepped on the rock, seeing if the rocks were safe to walk on. Tex stepped onto the second rock with Ivy stepping onto the first rock. When Tex stepped onto the third rock, it shifted. Tex looked down in confusion and then got flung off the rock. That wasn't a rock, but a large female Postosuchus. It roared as it thrash her tail around to blind Tex and Ivy with water. Ivy ran into the lake and bit the animal's leg. It howled and kicked Ivy off. Tex ran at the Postosuchus and bit into its neck, but its armor barely affected it. Ivy and Red both bit its back legs. The Postosuchus was no longer able to move. Tex pit into the neck of the Postosuchus. It howled in pain and tried to get Tex off by thrashing about. Ivy helped Tex by ripping into the Postosuchus's back. Tex ripped into its neck and killed the Postosuchus. It fell into the river, splashing bloody water everywhere. Tex and Ivy pulled the corpse back to the den, excited to surprise Emerald and Blaze with their large bounty. They both struggled to get the large body over the log. Tex dropped the body and used his horns to move the log out of the way. He grabbed the body again and began to pull the corpse back to the den.