Through The Swamp

Blaze sat in his den, trying to forget what happened earlier that morning. Had he just caused the death of a Tarbosaur? Would it be the last, or it that Spino just getting started? Lily walked up beside and sat down, nuzzling his side. He looked at her and nuzzled her snout. It wasn't safe here anymore. Blaze nuzzled Lily one last time and then stood up. He called out to Tex and Ivy. They trotted over to him and in that spot, they explained that they needed to move. They were all worried about what would happen. Blaze told them they would be fine. They all gave chirps of agreement and soon, they were fine and decided to leave with Blaze. They walked out of the den and down to the rock arch. They walked through the arch and began their quest, the one they started years ago: find the Forest Of Light.

The hot afternoon sun shone down on the 4. Despite the cool water around their feet, it was still burning. Lily was the only one trailing behind. Her soft pink color was slowly turning red. Blaze slowly down and trotted beside her. He called out to the others, telling them to come back and rest. Tex and Ivy walked back and they all sat in the cold water. It was comforting and peaceful. Suddenly, the water began to ripple and shake. Blaze quickly stood up and looked around, ready to defend his friends and his mate. He quickly turned behind him to see a pack of Brontomerus walking through the swamp, eating leaves from the trees and drinking the cold water. Blaze sat back down and walked the large sauropods walking through the forest. Suddenly, large packs of hadrosaura like Parasaurolophus and Edmontosaurus emerge from the small bushes nearby. Those herbivores were lucky that Blaze and them had already eaten.

After a while, Lily's pink color had returned and they were ready to start moving again. They were walking through the swamp, navigating a part where the canopy hung over them, allowing them to travel without stopping. The ground began to shake again on both sides of them. Blaze looked on both sides. Packs of Brontomerus were walking on the sides of them. They had a safe way of transport now. It something spooked the large herbivores, all they had to do was watch the herd from time to time to make sure they were safe. The sun had now began to slowly drop behind the mountains in the distance. They saw somethings moving in the trees: Microraptors. Those creatures threw Blaze back in time, a time where life was easy, where Mother and Pepper were still alive. He shook his head and looked forwards. The Brontomerus were still walking, bellowing to each other and quickly snatching leaves from nearby trees. The sun had finally gone down, leaving them in the dark. The Brontomerus slowed down and they all laid down. Blaze and the others did the same, laying near a large tree. Lily and Blaze laid next to each other. Tex and Ivy did the same.