three

☆

The next day Madame J taught the girls. They would practice using firearms on targets, then real people. The brown bags thrown over their heads never got removed, but Darcy was sure they were enemies of the Red Room.

Darcy shot the target practice with one handgun in her right hand before switching to the handgun in her left hand. She always got bullseyes.

The door opened and a guard dragged a man in, pushing him onto a chair in front of Darcy. She simply stared at the figure on the chair, eyes never wavering as she placed new clips back into the gun in her right hand. She raised her hand and immediately shot him in the forehead. Her palms weren't sweaty and her brain was in the correct place. She was certain of that.

Madame J nodded and Darcy placed the guns down onto a table and headed to the back of the room. Katerina walked up to the guns and hesitantly took the guns. Darcy noticed she was trembling.

The guard took the dead man away before closing the door. Katerina made sure there were bullets in the guns before she shot the target practices with the handgun in her right hand. She was close to the bullseyes, but not quite. She attempted to quickly switch to the handgun in her left hand, but she dropped it, crying out as the gun collided against the floorboards.

Madame J stared at the girl with cold eyes before her eyes flickered over to Darcy who had been watching her long before. Without a single gesture from Madame J, Darcy stepped forward and picked up the gun that had dropped from Katerina's hand, checking the clip before aiming at Katerina and shooting her in the forehead.

The girl dropped dead, the handgun in her hand sliding across the room and hitting a frightened girl in the shoe. Darcy put the gun back on safety and placed it back on the table. Madame J walked up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You are ready."