ten

☆

Due to Darcy's demand for a scooter, Tony ordered one online and as soon as it was delivered to the compound, she went racing around on it. No matter how many times Steve warned her about how fast she was going, she would wave him away.

And that was exactly why the scooter tripped over a crack, causing her to fall off and scratch her knee. Her lip trembled as she held in her tears, cupping her knee as she rocked back and forth. She willed herself to stand up and hobble around the compound in search of Steve.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., where's Steve?" she asked.

"Captain Rogers is in the library."

She hobbled over to the elevator and F.R.I.D.A.Y. brought up the elevator to the correct floor, assuming that was where she wanted to go. Once the elevator doors opened, she hobbled off to the library.

"Steve?" she called out.

Within seconds, Steve walked toward the entrance with a book in his hand. "You called?"

She pouted, her bottom lip poking out. "I have a boo-boo," she explained, bringing her knee up.

Steve sighed. "The scooter?"

She looked away. "Maybe."

"I told you to be careful."

"Whatever," she muttered.

"Darcy," he warned.

She huffed. "I didn't do anything wrong."

"Scooters don't have a mind of their own," he retorted.

She ignored him, turning back to look at him. "Can you kiss it better?"

"I'm sorry?" he questioned.

He knew her mind was reverted back, but he didn't know how to respond to her question. He still wasn't used to how affectionate she was to him, but he had to remind himself she didn't know any better.

"Kiss it better," she repeated. "Please."

Not wanting to risk another cry session from her, Steve tucked his book into his armpit and kneeled down before hesitantly pressing his lips onto her scraped knee.

"Yay!" she exclaimed.

Natasha walked past the library before backtracking and peering down at Steve and Darcy. "Steve, what are you doing?"

Steve's eyes widened. In his shock, he fell back onto his butt, the book clattering to the floor, as he stared up at Natasha and Darcy who was now occupied with Natasha.

"I - I was just - Uh - It's not what it looks like," he stuttered.

"He was just kissing my boo-boo, Mama," said Darcy.

Natasha hummed, eyeing Steve. "I've got my eye on you, Steven."