seven

☆

Darcy had placed her dagger away long ago once she made sure no other girls were going to badmouth her. She gave them a sort of mercy, meaning, she shot them in the forehead for a quick death. After all, only a monster would let their victims suffer.

She looked around the room. She could barely tell apart the red carpet from the blood. Madame B never told her what to do with the bodies, so she assumed the guards would take care of it. She left the dungeons, walking toward the control room to report her success.

She nodded to others as a greeting as she passed by them. Her steps momentarily faltered when she saw the other girls she trained with before she graduated. If luck was on their side, they would graduate as well, but she knew it wouldn't happen so soon. No one was as talented as Darcy, and if they were, she had killed them long ago.

An alarm blared through the facility. Darcy's heart raced, and the last time that happened was when she first saw a girl die in front of her. She didn't like the feeling of being caught off guard. She didn't particularly enjoy things she had no control over. It made her feel useless and Darcy Petranova would be anything but useless.

It didn't matter who the intruders were. Everyone's goal was to kill intruders while the instructors fled. The Red Room was only a success because of the instructors. Without them, the girls could not become Black Widows.

Darcy grabbed a dagger and gun, making sure the safety was off as she strutted down the hallway, looking for the intruders. She was in such a good mood until she met the redhead she had killed. It put her in a sour mood and she didn't want to deal with intruders the size of ants. They would be met with the bottom of her sharp stilettos.

She didn't think she would see another redhead in a catsuit fighting the Red Room guards. The sight of her bright and beautiful hair made Darcy angry. She wanted the redhead's blood to mix in with her hair. Darcy raised her fun with no hesitation and pulled the trigger twice.

"Nat!"

A man dressed in red, white, and blue slid in front of the redhead and blocked the bullets with a shield, causing them to ricochet. Darcy was furious. There was another person dressed in red. She was beginning to hate the color red, but the fact that she loved blood so much made her more angry than furious if possible.

"Thanks, Steve," Natasha breathed out as she peered over Steve's side to see Darcy, eyes narrowed in hatred at the two of them. "A Black Widow," she whispered.

Darcy knew who he was. Everyone knew of Captain America. She despised him. He fought for everything America and was blinded by promises and cotton candy.

She put her gun away, but pulled out ring daggers instead, rushing forward for Steve. Natasha grabbed her wrist as Steve brought his shield up. Darcy kicked off the shield, wrapping her legs around Natasha's neck, pushing them down on the floor. She threw a dagger at Steve, but once again, the shield blocked it and ricocheted toward her. She caught it by the sharp end, the dagger digging into her palm. She didn't care. She raised the dagger to Natasha's scalp, and Steve threw his shield. With Darcy momentarily distracted, Natasha pried her off of her body and slid away, watching as Darcy caught the shield with one hand.

"Is that the best you can do, Captain?" Darcy asked, flinging the shield back to him.

Bucky slid in, grabbing Steve's shield and throwing it back. Darcy ducked down and looked up as he ran toward her and drew his arm back.

"Bucky, don't - "

Natasha's words were a blur as Darcy grabbed his metal fist and gripped it tightly, closely watching his face.

"Zhalkiy. A ty nazyvayesh' sebya Zimnim Soldatom?"
Pathetic. And you call yourself the Winter Soldier?

Bucky's jaw clenched as he punched her in the side with his other hand. She was knocked back a couple feet, chuckling as she wiped her mouth.

"Eto veselo," she said. This is fun.

She charged at him, swinging a leg over his shoulder and ramming her other knee into his face before jumping forward by pushing his body to the ground. She had an ego, but she had a feeling she wouldn't give out of the situation alive. It was three against one.

Natasha left the boys in order to scope out the rest of the buildings for other girls. Steve joined Bucky in his fight against Darcy. She was as talented at Natasha but was willing to play dirty and kill them, while Natasha usually aimed to injure.

"Stop this!" Steve demanded.

"I hate you!" Darcy exclaimed, punching him in the face just as Bucky grabbed her waist and threw her down the corridor. "I hate you too," she growled.

The two super soldiers stalked toward her as she stood up with a dagger in each hand. She raised an eyebrow and went for Bucky. Steve watched for a moment as the two blocked each other's own daggers. Bucky's dagger cut her cheek, while hers cut the nape of his neck.

"Missed the artery," she muttered.

Bucky grabbed her forearm, pressing between the two tendons on the underside, just above the wrist. She slumped over, hitting the ground.

Bucky grunted, swiping around the blood on his neck. "We taking her or what?"