EPISODE V.

[the money, the kegger, and the gun]

Back at John B's house, The Pogues tried to figure out what to do with all the information they had gathered that day. After the motel, they had seen a commotion on one of the docks, so they had stopped to see what it was about. Cops were everywhere, and it turned out, there was a body discovered.

The guy's name was Scooter Grubbs. Duchess had no idea who he was, but according to JJ, he was a local. A local who shouldn't have been able to afford a brand new Grady-White.

"Okay," Pope came running in, back from docking the boat," We didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

"Actually," JJ said," Pope's right for once."

Duches, sitting on the arm of JJ's chair, looked down at her friend. "I never knew you to agree with Pope."

"I agree with him sometimes," JJ said, rising from his seat. "Deny, deny, deny."

"Guys, we can't keep that money," Kie said.

"Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara," JJ said. It was rare for him to use her full name.

"We have to pass if off to Lana Grubbs," Kie explained," Otherwise it's bad karma."

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too," Pope said, obviously still freaking out. "We gotta go dark."

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree," said JJ.

"Gonna have to go with JJ on this," Duchess said. Kie gave her a look. "Sorry but, Tab's still got bills from when she fell this spring. I gotta help her out."

"I don't agree," John B finally spoke.

"What? Why," Duchess and JJ asked simultaneously.

"Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cirgarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot. becuase he needed gas."

"What's your point," Duchess asked. She really wanted to keep the money.

"We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat, Duchess. One who's never had more than forty bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'."

Through their conversation, The Pogues wound up fishing on the pier in front of John B's. And John B would still not let up on how weird it was for a guy like Scooter to own a five hundred thousand dollar boat.

"Alright so think about it Pope," Joh B said," How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?"

"Prostitution," Pope said, obviously exhausted by the conversation.