EPISODE XXIX.

[another run in with the 'cops']

After they were given the address, the Pogues drove out deep into the Outer Banks. The scenery was becoming more and more unfamiliar to Duchess as John B kept driving.

"So they keep money out here," Pope questioned, eyes scanning the outside through the windows of the van.

"That's what she said," JJ replied. Then he let out a small laugh. "That's what she said."

"Stop," Pope said.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive," Sarah said from the front seat.

Duchess let out a relieved sigh. "Finally, I'm not the only one who's clueless about where they are."

"That's cause you're rich and you're not from here," JJ told them.

"You've never heard of it either," Kie reminded him.

"Thank you," said Sarah.

"There's nothing but weeds back here," Kie said.

"Yeah, this seems a little bitch sketchy don't you think," Duchess asked.

"All right," JJ started," Just because it's just weeds doesn't mean it's like... "

He was cut off by the sound of a police siren. Through the back window, Duchess could see what seemed to be an undcover cop flashing its red and blues.

"Cops," Kie questioned," Out here?"

"God! Are you kidding me," JJ yelled.

"What did we do," Sarah asked.

"Why are we getting pulled over," John B demanded. He turned to look at the backseat of the van. "Stash that," he told JJ. Their blonde friend immediately started to wrap the gold and look for a good hiding spot.

"Did you bring the gun," John B asked.

"No, Duchess took it again. You all said I shouldn't have it anyway."

"Thank God," Kie exclaimed," Please, everything else in your bag."

"I am, I am," JJ said, packing up his bag in a fast pace.

"How much weed do you have on you bro," Kie asked.

"It's fine, if they find the weed I'll tell them it's mine. JJ can't get arrested again," Duchess said," Just hide that shit as good as you can."  JJ shot her a look that said As if I'd ever let you take the blame for me. Then he lifted his seat, put his backpack in it, and sat back down.

The sound of a gun cocking shook Duchess to the core. On the driver's side, a man who had a skull mask covering half his face was holding a shot gun to John B's face. Definitely not the police, Duchess thought.

"Why don't I go ahead and see then hands in the air," The man said. "All y'all's hands up in the air now!" Duchess felt that familiar sense of panic creep up on her once more.

John B let go of the wheel and put his hands up. "You outta the car right now, let's go," the man commanded. Slowly, John B opened the door to get out. "Out of the car! Let's go! Hurry!"