EPISODE XX.

[party crasher]

[party crasher]

If there was one thing JJ was the best at, it was lying. Truly. The blonde boy had made lying an art form. That's why is was so easy for him to sneak into Midsummers.

"I keep finding glasses halfway down the beach," JJ complained as he approached the security guard, "Do me a favor. Try to keep them corralled will you? I thought you were security."

The security guard seemed so floored by the accusation that he let JJ walk right by without a word. Too easy, JJ thought. He walked through the party, drink tray in hand, scanning the room for one certain girl.

JJ knew he had to complete this mission John B gave to him, but there was no way in hell he was going to give the paper to Sarah Cameron and leave without a glimpse of his girl.

Unfortunately, It was Sarah he spotted first. Before he could make a move to approach her though, he felt hands on his back. Fuck! He whirled around, ready to fight some cook, but was pleasantly surprised when it was Pope instead. "Dude, don't sneak up on me like that right now."

Pope didn't respond, just gripped him in a hug so tight he let out an involuntary grunt. "Woah. Unexpected PDA there, Dr. Spock." He released himself from Pope's death grip. "But, hey, love you too man," JJ said, giving Pope a small kiss on the cheek.

It was obvious Pope didn't hear a word JJ said. "Dude, I'm sick over all this shit, man."

"You're sick," JJ questioned, putting the back of his hand to Pope's forehead to check if he was running hot. "You don't seem sick."

"I'm sick on the inside," his friend responded, batting his hand away.

"Right, well, I already knew that."

Pope scanned JJ's face, looking concerned. He had obviously noticed the various cuts and bruises on the left side of JJ's face. "Did Shoupe do that?"

"Oh, this," JJ pointed," No. This is my dad. You know? Has that right jab." He tried to make the situation as light hearted as he could, knowing Pope would feel even more guilt. "Can really snap it off at times."

"That looks like more than a jab, bro. Duchess didn't say anything about that when I saw here earlier."

"I sent her home before it got to this. I didn't want her to see that," JJ shrugged, "It's nothing that hasn't happened before."

Pope's face was full of saddness and guilt. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let you take the fall for all this. It's my fault!" Tears were welling in his eyes.