EPISODE XXX.

[jj's reckless behavior]

The ride to the man's house was filled with tense silence. Besides his address, the ID also provided the Pogues with his name: Barry. Not a single one of them knew how to calm JJ. Duchess struggled to remember the last time she had seen him like this. If had had ever been like this around her.

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland," Sarah commented when they pulled up to Barry's.

"I don't know about this man," Pope expresses his concern. "Dude why are we at Barry's?"

"This'll only take a second," JJ said, jumping out of the driver's seat.

"Dude, Where you going," John B asked from the front seat.

"Yo soy justicia," JJ said.

While he walked away, John B shot Duchess a look. Duchess nodded back. In their unspoken conversation, they had concluded that they needed to follow JJ. To keep him in check.

"You know somebody should probably-," Kie started.

Duchess already started walking towards the house before she finished her sentence. "We got it, Kie."

"Right."

Duchess wished she could say she was surprised to see JJ rummaging through Barry's things when she entered the house. "I know you got a stash around here somewhere," JJ muttered to himself.

"J, what are you doing," Duchess asked.

JJ didn't stop his hunt to answer. "Lydia, that scumbag could have killed you! Why do you care?"

John B walked in a stood beside Duchess. It was his turn to challenge JJ. "Yo, so what's the plan here slick?"

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us," JJ said, still searching the house. He looked under pillow cushions. "We shall stealeth from ye."

Duchess gave John B a confused glance, so he pressed on. "That kind of got lost in translation," he said.

"An eye for an eye, John B."

JJ moved to go search another room in the house, but John B stepped in front of him. "Yeah that's great, JJ. But what happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh? He knows who we are!"

JJ scoffed at him. "I'm not scared of this guy." He pushed past John B to continue his search.

"But I am," Duchess said, stopping JJ in his tracks. "I'm scared of him, JJ. I thought I was going to die today. I thought you we're gonna die today. You say you know him? Well I know people just like him too. He will come after you."

"Well if you give me back the gun, I can protect you and myself. Problem solved," JJ told her and walked into the next room."

"JJ don't-," John B tried, but he was already out of sight. Neither of them bothered to follow him. Instead, they stayed in the kitchen to wait for him.

"John B what do we do," Duchess asked.

"I don't know, I thought he would stand down after what you said," John B shrugged, obviously out of options," You're usually the one to calm him down."

"It's different this time," Duchess said in a hushed tone," He's different. I don't know this JJ."

Before John B could respond, they heard JJ's voice from the other room. "There we go!"

"What are you doing," John B questioned, even though he knew he wouldn't get a straight answer."

"Getting even!" JJ then reappeared with a duffel bag in his hands. "Alright," he said," Took care of business."