EPISODE XVII.

[an exciting movie night]

  "I'm so glad we're still doing this," Kie said. Somehow, she had convinced JJ, Pope, and Duchess to go to an outdoor movie. In hindsight, Duchess thought it was kind of stupid. But then again, maybe they all wanted a distraction from their failure earlier that day. "Keep calm carry on. Back to OBX life."

"Yeah, Duchess still needs to experience all the things summer in OBX has," JJ said, throwing an arm around Duchess shoulder. The brunette girl quickly brushed him off. "Aw, come on Duchess, don't be like that," JJ whined.

"I'm still pissed, J," Duchess explained.

"What? Why?"

"JJ I let that shit you pulled on the boat for two reasons. One: I didn't expect it. You surprised me. Two: Everyone was already upset. I didn't start a fight because I wasn't mad. I did it for them."

"Duchess-"

"No, it's your turn to shut up. If you ever, ever pull that shit again, it won't be pretty got it?"

"Got it." The were quiet for a moment. "Duchess?"

"What, JJ," she spat.

"I'm sorry. I'm really fucking sorry. You're the last person I wanted to hurt. And You're rught to be mad. You're usually the person that calms my temper. I-, yea. I'm sorry."

Duchess smiled at him. "That's a much better apology than the one on the boat."

Pope and Kie stared at their friends, feeling relieved and happy that they had finally made up for real. The day before on the boat, Duchess had been quick to accept JJ's apology after he had snapped, but all of them knew they weren't going to hear the end of it until Duchess got her chance to go off on JJ. They were just thankful it didn't get dragged out any longer.

"Well, now that that's settled," Kie said," You guys set up. Duchess come with me, I want to get a drink."

"Aye, aye," JJ said.

"Hey, can I get two Pepsis, please," Kie said as the two girls approached the concessions.

"Hey Kie," some guy approached them. Obviously a Kook. Duchess rolled her eyes. She sometimes forgot that Kie was rich and she knew people from Figure Eight. "What's up? How are you? Who's your friend?"

"I'm fine," Kie replied, trying to keep the conversation as short as possible. "This is Duchess."

Duchess gave the guy a smile that was anything but nice.