EPISODE XXIV.

[the crain house]

[the crain house]

From the passenger seat of John B's van, Pope said, "Okay, so the road should split up here. "

"Okay," John B replied.

"All right. You're gonna take a left." Being the smartest of the group, Pope was tasked with being the one to follow the old map to parcel nine.

John B did as he was told and made a hard left down a dirt road, stopping in front of the stone wall that marked parcel nine.

"That looks like a stone wall to me," JJ said excitedly. One step closer to being one hundred million dollars richer.

"This is it," Pope confirmed.

"Not the Crain house." John B murmered.

As The Pogues made their way out of the van, Duchess seemed to noticed wariness of their faces. Obviously the locals knew something she didn't.

"Are you kidding me," Kie asked as she approached the property.

"Worse case scenario," JJ said.

"Why'd it have to be here," Pope said more than asked," Off all places?"

"I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her head on the property," JJ said.

JJ's comment was enough for Duchess to connect the dots. The let out a little laugh, which caused The Pogues to look at her. All four of them shot her a weird look. "So this is the location of a local legend," she asked," I can't believe you guys would believe in that type of shit."

None of them seemed amused as Duchess was. "Trust me, Duchess," JJ said," This is no scary story. This is real shit."

"A wife burying her husband's head on the property and not getting caught? Yeah, right." Duchess stay to wait for a response. Instead, she was the first one to start making her way through the jungle that was the Crain property.

"Look," Kie said from behind her, "You guys know whose house this is, right?"

"Oh yeah, I do," JJ said.

"Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place," John B said.

"Thank you, JB," Duchess said," At least one of you is normal." Pope sushed them.

"Which stories did you hear," JJ asked Kie.

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since. On certain nights, when the moon is full, you can see her in the window." She waved fingers in JJ's face and let out a giggle. One more Pogue for Duchess' team.

"No, Kie, it's not funny cause it's all true," JJ said, serious as ever.

Duchess once again let out a laugh. She couldn't believe her fearless, risk taking friend would believe stories that were told over campfires.