EPISODE XXVI.

[john b's not so horrible plan]

The next day, Duchess found herself out on the marsh with Pope. John B had come up with a plan to avoid choosing Sarah and Kie, and it wasn't a plan the brunette girl thought would work.

Basically, John B planned to trap the two girls together on a boat in the middle of the water and have them work out their issues. Duchess thought it to be a terrible idea.

"One of them is going to throw the other over board," she explained, "Girls are ruthless."

John B sighed. "This is the best I can come up with. Maybe you can stay with them. Make sure it goes as planned.

Duchess laughed right in his face. "I'd rather get teeth pulled."

"Well do you have a better option?"

"Well, no."

"Then we're doing this."

There was no turning back now. In the distance, Duchess could see Kie walking on the dock towards the water.

"Code red," Pope called.

"What the hell is going on," Kie asked.

"JJ and John B conked out in the marsh," Pope lied," They need a tow."

"Uh, okay," Kie said," What does that have to do with me?"

"We need you for mechanical," Pope shrugged," Duchess is useless."

"Hey," Duchess yelled, offended," I'm not useless."

"Duchess you still don't even know the difference between port and starboard," Pope deadpanned.

She groaned. "Why don't people just say front and back? It's so extra for no reason."

Pope laughed. "My point exactly. Port and starboard mean left and right."

"Whatever, let's just go help those idiots."

Pope drove the HMS Pogue from the dock where they picked up Kie out into the marsh, headed to JJ and John B's location.

"JJ and John B are up in the Alp," Pope told Kie.

"Can't guys do anything without me," Kie questioned. Pope pulled the Pogue directly next to his dad's boat, and Kie hopped on.

When she was out of range, Duchess looked to Pope and asked," You really think it's gonna work."

"Duchess I never think any shit we do is going to work out," Pope said, only half joking.

"I just don't understand why John B couldn't just choose Kie and we didn't have to waste our time. He's so annoying, you know?"

Pope nodded in agreement. "John B's just really stupid and doesn't really realize how his actions could affect people."

"Couldn't have said it better myself."

Their conversation ended just in time for them to watch JJ and John B run to the front of the boat and dive off, leaving Kie.