EPISODE XI.

[duchess' dog]

[duchess' dog]

After about an hour or so of waiting around JJ's house, the lookout trio was convinced that John B and Kiara weren't going to show up.

"I got a shift at The Wreck," Duchess told the boys," If Kie's alive, I'll see her there."

JJ drove her to the resturant, and she felt a rush of relief when the first person she saw was Kie.

"Kie," she called, moving to get her apron and notepad for taking orders.

"Oh, Duchess, hey." She didn't even look up from the table she was cleaning. Her friend seemed off. What had happened at the lighthouse? Did the cops catch them? Duchess suddenly felt very guilty about leaving them so soon. So much for never leave a Pogue behind, she thought shamefully.

"What happened Kie," she asked.

Her friend stopped suddenly, finally facing Duchess. "John B kissed me."

Duchess let out a squeal. "Oh my god!" She was excited for her friend, until she saw her face. There was no amusement or excitement. Duchess' own face fell to match Kie's. "So not a good thing?"

"Of course not," she stated, "John B is my best friend. I could never think of him like that!"

Duchess bit her lip, contemplating what her friend said. "It seemed like maybe you were interested, if I'm being honest."

Kie rolled her eyes," I've just been worried about him lately. First with all the DCS stuff and now the wild goose chase to find his dad. I guess I gave off the wrong vibe."

Duchess felt guilty for teasing John B about making a move on her then. All Kie wanted to do was make sure her was okay, and all she and JJ did was put wild theories in John B's head. But then again, you should never trust the crazy blond and brunette duo.

"Hey, listen. You and John B are hella close right? You guys will work it out."

There was a ring coming from the front of the resturant indicating that someone had just walked in, cutting the girls' conversation short. When Duchess turned to look, she was not surprised it was John B. Speak of the devil, she thought and made herself scarce, giving him and Kie privacy.

She started to wipe down the bar, making sure she had a good angle to watch John B and Kie. She didn't want to listen in, but she did want to see the action. It wasn't much, just John B talking fast at Kie until she finally stopped him and gave him a hug. Duchess smiled to herself, happy that they could resolve things so fast.