EPISODE XXI.

[john b's mackin' a kook]

When they made it to Rixon's Cove, The Pogues had built a small fire while they waited for John B to reveal his big plan. According to JJ, they were back in the "g-game".

"Hey, guys," Pope started," So like, my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?"

JJ looked to John B. "Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed."

"You ready for this," John B asked.

"Yeah," Kie replied. Duchess, who was sitting next to her also replied. "I'd like to get out of this dress at some point tonight. We don't all have a change of clothes like JJ." She pointed to the boy who had forgone his disguise and settled for his usual shorts and t-shirt.

"So," John B started," The gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."

"Oh my god," Pope rolled his eyes, "Here we go again with this."

"No," JJ said, "All right, wait. Hear him out, okay?"

"It's been here the whole time," John B stated, "It's on the island."

"No fucking way," Duchess said, giving her friend a look of disbelief.

"Are you serious," Kie asked, "Oh my god!"

"I'd like to voice my skepticism," Pope interuppted.

"I'm sure you would, Pope," John B said," But can I please present you with my evidence, sir?"

"Proceed."

"Ever the cynic, Pope," Duchess teased.

"Not a cynic, a realist."

John B stood up in front of the four of them. "All right. So, in my backpack," he reached in and pulled out a paper that looked ancient, "I have a letter from Denmark Tanny."

"Who the hell's that," Kie asked a second before Duchess was about to open her mouth to voice the same question.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck," John B explained.

"What," Kie asked.

John B handed her the letter," Check this out. Here you go."

As Kie observed the letter, with Duchess looking over her shoulder at it, John B continued. "Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad, he found the complete manifest. That was his big discovery. So Tanny used the gold from the merchant to buy his freedom."