EPISODE XXVII.

[the crain house, part two]

Dressed head to toe in black, the Pogues were on their way to Parcel Nine as night started to fall in the Outer Banks.

From the driver's seat, John B made sure to check that they had every item needed to get down that well and retrieve the gold. "Got the rope?"

"Yup, got it," Pope replied. Being the most responsible of the Pogues, it was his job to make sure they had everything.

"Grappling hook?"

"We don't have a grappling hook," Pope said, rolling his eyes," We're not Batman."

Duchess smiled to herself. "I feel like I'm a spy or something. Like in the movies."

"Let's just hope this movie has a happy ending," Kie replied.

When they arrived to the Crain house, John B checked for the rest of the items. "Pulley?"

"Check," Kie said.

"Black clothes?"

"Got it," Sarah confirmed.

"Flashlights?"

"Check," JJ replied.

John B put the van in park and turned the engine off. "All right, good. We're ready."

"Let's go," Duchess said.

"Let's go get rich guys," JJ added.

"Yeah. Hell, yeah," Kie said with a smile.

John B jumped out of the front of the van and walked over to open one of the doors, allowing the Pogues and Sarah to file out. But before they could even get up out of their seats, he stopped them. "Wait, wait, wait."

The Pogues stared at him.

"I want to say thank you guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight."

Kie smiled at him. "Always."

Pope held out his hand to John B for them to do the Pogue handshake. "Of course man."

And JJ, ever the sentimental one said," Alright, we done with this cirlcle jerk? Can we do this?"

"Let's get that wheat in that water," Pope said.

"Weed? I'm up for weed," JJ said.

"Wait, we have weed," Duchess asked.

Pope looked at the two of them and shook his head. "Wheat. I said wheat."

The Pogues were quick to jump the fence to the Crain property. They knew exactly where they needed to go, so they moved single file through the shrubbery of the property and straight to the house.

It was when the house was in their sights things started to not go as planned. A flash of light sent the Pogues and Sarah running behind the nearest bush.

"Fuck, fuck," Duchess whispered as she turned around and almost ran into JJ when trying to find cover.

"Flashlights," Kie told them," Flashlights!" They all turned them off and tried to remain silent when John B shushed them.