Prologue

Prologue

"Wow, this house is a lot smaller than it said it was to be,"

I stand outside my new house with my Mum in Beacon Hills. It has been four long months since everything has happened.

I didn't tell anyone I was leaving other than Derek. They all knew I was bound to leave at some point but they didn't expect to be that night.

I know, they're probably mad at me for leaving out of the blue without a goodbye. But I felt like I couldn't say goodbye to them, otherwise, it would be a I'll never see you again goodbye and I didn't want that.

Mum had somehow convinced me that we should move back to Beacon Hills. Mum realised she didn't want to live in France anymore, she missed her home. She had tried several months to convince me, I had finally cracked when she said she still had feelings for Derek.

I felt the night cool breeze hit my face that Friday night. I start back at Beacon Hills High School the following Monday, so, they're definitely going to be surprised to see me without letting them know.

I pressed my lips together, examining the house. Well, it was more like a cabin somewhere in the woods. I shrugged. "It was cheap, Mum. We'll take what we can get." I pulled my suitcase in with me up the porch.

I held the key in my hand and opened our new door. It smelt of woods in here alright. There was a lounge as we first entered. To our right, we have a kitchen and a table.

There were two other rooms which I assumed was our bedrooms. I made my way towards one of the rooms and opened it, I was right. There was a double bedframe sitting there. Just need the mattress that was in the moving truck.

I heard grunting from behind me, I turned around and watched as Mum pulled in her heavy as a suitcase. I chuckled. "God, this is so heavy!"

"Mum, you're a werecoyote," I remind her. She looked at me like I was a genius and snapped her fingers and in seconds she lifted up easily.

"God, it feels so good that you know that truth," she sighed out, going into her room and dropping the suitcase off there. She pops her head outside of her door. "Have you told your friends yet?"

I shake my head. "I might've blocked their numbers and left out of the blue."

"Addison!" Mum groaned. "You're not supposed to lose contact with your friends. You're supposed to keep them close, spend as much time with them as possible."

I smirked at her and folded my arms. "Where are your friends then, huh?"

Mum's mouth dropped slightly and my remark. "Show some respect to your elders." She throws a finger towards my direction. "I will sue you."

I let out a laugh. "You're insane."

"Oh, I know." She laughs along with me. "Where do you think your friends are right now?"

"Probably on some crazy adventure," I tell her. "Hey, do you know when all our stuff is arriving? I thought it said later this afternoon."

That's when her phone rings. Mum steps out into the lounge and I do too. "Hello Vivian speaking," Mum speaks. I wait until she's done and she hangs up, letting out a groan. "They got lost! They said they will be here tomorrow. Tomorrow!"

"Where the hell are we gonna sleep?" I asked, then my eyes land on the couch in front of us that sat in front of the TV that was above the fireplace. "Heads or tails?"

Mum's face scrunched up with dismay.

A/N

Hello! Welcome back to this series. So, we finally meet Addison's Mum, thoughts on her?

Kinda wished she was my Mum, TBH.

Don't worry, the gang will come soon, this is just the introduction to the story.

And I'm sorry that it was short as well, uhhh, yeah. Love y'all the most!