Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

As bad as this sounds, the mission to 'kill' Scott, is successful. The hardest thing was watching Melissa have a painful breakdown, we got her to actually believe that Scott is dead which is. One of the reasons why we didn't tell Melissa about this plan, until now.

Now, we stand in the morgue. By now, we had told Melissa everything and she came back in, coming through the double doors. "I still hate this plan," she glances down at her son, who actually looks dead as he lays on the table, not moving, face pale, and it barely looks like he's breathing. "I mean, this is significantly terrifying. He looks dead."

"Give me your hand," Mrs. Yukimura tells Melissa - offering her a hand, who stands opposite the table. Stiles, Melissa, and I stand on one side. Liam, Kira, and Mrs. Yukimura stand on the other side.

Melissa gives Stiles' a worried glance, Stiles was probably the person she trusted most in this room. Stiles nods, giving her a green light, that it was okay. "It's okay," he said allowed, telling her gently. He placed a reassuring hand behind her back, encouraging her to place her hand in Mrs. Yukimura's.

Melissa stretches out her and placed it gently in Mrs. Yukimura, their hands hovering over Scott's body. Mrs. Yukimura guides Melissa's hand onto Scott's heart. Melissa lets out a shuddered breath. "Wait for it," Mrs. Yukimura tells us. I listened out and I could hear a heartbeat, making me smile a little.

Melissa lets out a relieved breath, smiling a little. "Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?"

"Enough for an Alpha," Mrs. Yukimura answered sharply.

"How much time do we have?" Melissa questioned.

"Forty-five minutes,"

"What happens after that?"

"I bring him back the same way," Kira answered this time, standing next to Liam.

Melissa made eye contact with Kira. "No, I mean, what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?"

The faces all dropped on our faces. Oh, God, no one's told her about the consequence. Mrs. Yukimura looked at us, her eyes widening. "No one's told her?"

"What?" Melissa raised an eyebrow. "What happens after forty-five minutes?"

"He dies."

"That's your assassin speak?"

My eyes stayed glue on the computer as Chris had typed out 'SCOTT MCCALL DEAD. PAYMENT REQUESTED.'

"I said he's dead," Chris answered my boyfriend. "What more do you want?"

"It was a little dry," Stiles continued. "You could've said something like, target has been neutralized. The crow fires at midnight. That's always cool."

"Okay, target has been neutralized sounds okay, but the crow fires at midnight?" I questioned him, looking up at him.

He gave me a cute little grin, making me roll my eyes. There was a beep from the computer, we looked down at the computer - The Benefactor is typing back, making my heart race.

'VISUAL CONFIRMATION IS REQURIED.'

Stiles was about to reply, but quickly retracted his fingers from the keyboards. Chris nods at him. "Type this," Chris begins and Stiles reaches forward and hovers his hands over the keyboards. "Visual confirmation isn't possible. Police coming to claim body in forty minutes."

He typed it out, The Benefactor typing back straight away. 'VISUAL CONFIRMATION IS REQUIRED FOR PAYMENT.'

"Doesn't he get it? We don't want the money, we want him," I muttered under my breath angrily.

"Tell him number two on the list is dead," Chris instructs Stiles. "I killed him, and if the wire transfer isn't completed in forty minutes..." Chris moved Stiles out the way from typing and begins to type himself.

'I'M COMING AFTER YOU'

A/N

Sorry for another short chapter :) much love !