Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"So, the Walcott's were the first. At least the first we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party to Lydia's Lakehouse. And got decapitated outside his car. And then last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson."

"It's a dead pool," I continue to explain from Stiles. Scott, Stiles, and I were in Sheriff Stilinski's office, explaining all the new information we had just received. "A hit list of Supernatural creatures." We stand opposed to his desk. I pulled out the sheet that we had printed off. "This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded."

I unfolded the piece of paper and hand it to Sheriff Stilinski, he had a good look at it. "Who found this?" Sheriff Stilinski asked.

"Lydia," Stiles answered beside me instantly.

"How?"

"She wrote it," Stiles awkwardly explained it. "Actually, she transcripted it without realising it."

"Banshee?" Sheriff Stilinski guessed.

"Banshee," Stiles repeats his father, making me smile a little. Stiles caught my smile and smiled back. I couldn't help but wear a dopey smile and I looked down.

"Beautiful," Sheriff Stilinski responded sarcastically. He inhaled. "All right, what are these numbers next to the names?"

"We're getting to that." Stiles continued. "First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cypher key,"

"Wait, you mean like a... Like a keyword?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"It's actually a name," I answer, I intertwined my hands together. "Allison." I looked over at Scott, he had the same expression as mine.

We stayed silent for a moment, not a word was said. "Her name broke a third of the list," Stiles speaks softly after a few moments of silence.

"And now we think there are two other cypher keys," Scott continued.

"Which give us the rest of the names," Sheriff Stilinski concluded and I nodded. "Okay. So, how do we get the cypher keys?"

"Same way we got the code," Stiles answered. "Lydia."

"She's been at the Lakehouse the whole weekend trying to find the other two keys words," I explained.

I watched as Sheriff Stilinski grabbed a red marker and crosses off the people that were sadly dead on the list. He had taken some brutal pictures from the wounds of the bodies.

"You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie, mmm?" Sheriff Stilinsk questioned us and we shake our heads. "And what about these other two names on the list? Uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elisa Town. They werewolves too?"

"I don't know," Scott answered. "But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw Supernatural creatures here."

"Here being Beacon Hills?" Sheriff Stilinski raised an eyebrow, taken back. "Or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000."

"And dropping," Stiles added.

Sheriff Stilinski gave his son a sarcastic smile. "But if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking at close to 500,000. Look," he takes his seat. "How many werewolves, kitsunes, werewolf-spirits, banshees, whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what happens if the next cypher key uncovers not 13 names, but 100?"