Chapter Twenty-Eight

Now, Stiles and I sat at his desk in his room. Melissa couldn't find a radio but Stiles had one at home so we're currently using his one.

"Let's go, Lorraine."

"Listen to me." Speaks Lorraine. "Please listen. There's something I have to do, something I have to stop."

"I have to take you back to Eichen, Lorraine." Just hearing Brunski's voice sent chills down my spine.

Stiles leans forward and increases the volume. "No, no," Lorraine continues. "I don't think you're gonna be taking me anywhere. I can hear the recorder in your pocket. It's on now, isn't it? You're making a tape. Just like you taped the others."

Stiles had pressed pause on the radio. "This didn't happen in Eichen house." Stiles shares his thoughts with me.

I looked over at him. "But then where did she go?"

"That's what we need to find out," he had spoken, before replaying the radio again, this time lacing our hands together as they sat on the table we are at and we listened.

After a few times replaying it, it felt like forever. "Back to Eichen, Lorraine."

"No. No. I don't think you're gonna be taking me anywhere."

I perked up slightly. "That's it." I heard something different in the tape. "That's where it is. Play it again and turn it up."

He rewins the tape and turns it up. "No. No." Lorraine's voice filled my ears again. "I don't think you're gonna be taking me anywhere. I can hear the recorder in your pocket. It's on now, isn't it?"

In the background of them talking, I could hear some static going off. Very familiar static. "You're making a tape." Lorraine continued. "Just like you taped the others."

I blinked twice as I had figured it out. I sit up straight. "It's the record player," I speak.

Stiles turns it off. "What record player?"

I stand up. "The one in the lake house, in the study,"

"So, she escaped from Eichen House to go back to listen to a record player?" Stiles questioned, frowning, looking up at me.

"Well, she was like Lydia, right?" I figured; pacing around as all these ideas flow through my head at once. "She was a Banshee?"

"Yeah, but only once." Stiles reminded me. "She's predicted Maddy's death and then just spent decades trying to predict something else."

What if... What if Lorraine had already did? I mean, she did say 'I have something I need to stop' right? Right? Right... "Maybe she finally did," I shared. "And what if this time, it wasn't just one death, it was a lot of deaths?"

"Like the Deadpool," Stiles leans forward in his chair.

"What if all those years ago, Lorraine predicted it?" I suggested. "And she knew there was something in the study that could stop it?"

"Then we're going to the Lakehouse," Stiles had snatched his keys up from the desk, jumping up from the desk.

I smiled widely, this is exciting! We're finally getting something that could be useful for us. Stiles had chaste a kiss on my lips, before grabbing my hand and pulling me out from his room.