Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

I sat in the front as we go along a kind of like a deserted road. I was next to Braeden, who doesn't say a word and she stares ahead. Mum, Derek, and Stiles were sorting out Liam. I glanced behind me, looking through the holes of the wall between Braeden and I and them.

I watched as Derek clipped some handcuffs on him. "All good?" Derek spoke, eyeing Liam carefully. Liam then tugs on the cuffs, and they don't break. Liam makes eye contact with Derek. "Okay, I brought something to help you."

I watched as he brought out a symbol. I glanced at Mum, and recognition filled her eyes, a slight smile appeared on her face. "This has been with my family for centuries," Derek explained. "It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon."

Derek hands over the talisman to Liam, Liam takes it carefully. Derek glanced over at Mum, who nods, and then Stiles, shooting him a glare telling him to say something. Derek does a 'subtle' nod towards Liam, who was transfixed on this talisman.

"Yes," Stiles spoke in a low voice. I bite on my lower lip, biting back a smile. "It's powerful. Very powerful."

Liam looked up at Stiles. Mum cleared her throat. "Actually, Liam, that triskelion helped me on my first moon, too." I looked over at Mum; I couldn't tell if she was lying or not. Derek looked over at Mum and smiled.

"Really?" Questioned Liam softly before looking back at the triskelion.

"Yes," Mum nods her head. "And I'm sure it'll help you, too, you've just gotta believe it in."

"Okay," he murmured. "Yeah, I believe in it."

Mum smiled. "Good."

Soon, night falls pretty quickly, and most of the ride had been quiet. I was worried about Liam. He should be at the Lake House or something, not on this road trip.

I flinched when I heard the pull on handcuffs and Liam lets out a small growl. I looked behind me; I spot Liam's claws out; gripping tightly onto the triskelion.

"Whatever you're gonna teach me..." I see Liam get angry; you could even hear it in his voice; he's almost transforming. "I think you better start."

As we continued to drive, it got worsen. "Liam, you with me?" Derek questioned him. "We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it; you focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you."

"Okay!" Liam was breathing heavily now; he was rocking back and forward; my heart squeezed a little for him. "Okay, okay! What are the words?"

"Okay, look at the triskelion," Derek ordered. "See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back, its the same thing. Each spiral means something."

"Alpha, Beta, Omega," Stiles murmured.

"It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall back another," Derek explained. My heart fluttered a little, that's beautiful. "Betas can become Alpha's,"

"Alpha's can become Betas," Mum jumped in.

"Can Alpha's become Omegas?" questioned Liam.

Derek gave him a nod, and Liam just saying that reminded me of the twins. "All you have to do is say the three words. And which each one, you tell yourself you're getting calmer, more in control. Go ahead."

"Alpha, Beta..."

"Slower," Derek cuts him off.

Liam inhaled. "Alpha... Beta... Omega..." He lets out a groan. "Alpha... Beta... Omega..."

"Good," Derek tells him. "Say it again. Remember, every time you say those words, you're getting calmer."

"Alpha," I almost freeze; you can hear his inner wolf coming out of him. "Beta... Omega..."

"Oh," Stiles mumbled, his feet now up on the seat and backing into the corner which made my heart worry for Stiles.

"Say it again," Derek tells Liam.

"Derek, I don't think the powerful talisman of self-control is working," Stiles nervously spoke.

You could hear him growling, but I have a feeling his fangs are out already. "Liam, say it again!" Derek shouted. Liam lets out a roar.

"Liam!" I exclaimed, my hearting increasing. I fall to the side as Baeden swerves a little to the left and the right, and I clutch onto the handle nervously.

Suddenly, the chain on the handcuff breaks. "Derek?" I heard Braeden call.

"I think we need to go a little faster," Stiles tells Braeden and I looked behind me, making eye contact with Stiles. I looked beside him, my eyes widening as Liam's clawed hands were stretched out towards Derek's neck, Derek trying everything he can to keep his distance from Liam.

Suddenly, the other chain breaks. "Liam!" I shout nervously as I watched Stiles and Mum try to pry Liam's hands away from Derek's neck.

"We're almost there," Braeden informed us.

"Focus!" Derek tried shouting at Liam.

"Derek, I don't think Alpha, Beta, Omega is resonating with him." Stiles points out the obvious.

"You know any other mantras?" snapped Derek.

A look of recognition washes over his face. "Yeah, I do. Liam, Liam. What three things cannot long be hidden?" Liam ignored Stiles and growled at Derek. "Liam! Liam, look at me. What three things cannot be long hidden? What three things?"

"Sun..." Liam grunts. "The moon... The truth."

"That's it," Stiles speaks. "Say it again."

I looked at Liam's hands. "Sun, the moon, the truth." He seemed to be calming down; he withdraws his hands from Derek's neck.

"Derek?" Braeden spoke sternly.

"We're okay," Derek responded softly.

"Sun... Moon... And the truth," Liam spoke, he seemed a lot calmer than he was before, and he was almost entirely human again.

And that's when I noticed we have arrived. We are here, La Iglesia. Braeden pulls right outside. "I can't believe I did it," Liam spoke, he was astonished. "For a moment there, I thought I was gonna tear the three of you apart."

"Yeah, that would've made for an awkward ride back," retorts Stiles. "So, thanks."

"Think you can bring the same level of control and strength inside La Iglesia?" I watched as Liam showed out his claws.

"All right, we might be able to do this," Stiles spoke. I chuckled, and Derek opened up the door, and unexpectedly, but also we should've expected it, a Berserker was there and gripped onto Derek's shoulders, throwing him out of the van.

"Derek!" I cried out, my eyes widening. I peered through the window, my eyes widening as the Berserker throws him on a broken ledge of concrete, and with a sharp claw, the Berserker clawed into Derek, multiple times.

I jumped when Braeden had appeared and fired at Derek several times. The Berseker tried to step forward, but Braeden kept shooting at it, making the Berserker run away.

Mum had run out of the van. "Derek!" Peter and Malia were there. Also, their eyes widening. Mum drops on her knees and I opened the door, almost falling out of the vehicle but my boyfriend caught me, steading me easily.

Everyone was silent for a moment, in shock of what happened, and I clutched onto Stiles, my heart rate increasing rapidly. No... Not Derek. Blood comes out from Derek's lisp and Mum traces her fingers over Derek's wound.

"How bad is it?" Questioned Peter.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Derek brushed it off like it was nothing which caused my blood to boil. He can't just do that! "Just get Scott." For a moment, no one does anything. "Just find him. We'll be right behind you." He made eye contact with me. Braeden walks over to them. "Go." No one does anything because it felt wrong to. "Go!"

Peter looks over at us before running inside La Iglesia, Liam and Malia hestinatly run after him.

"Addison," Derek grunts out. I looked over at him as I was about to walk away, and stopped, while still holding onto Stiles. "I love you, you know that?"

I bite my lip nervously. "Why are you saying that like you're gonna die or something?"

He gave me a weak smile. "You never know..."

"Derek," I refused the tears to reach my eyes. I gulped. "You're not going to; I'm going to come back for you. I promise... And... I love you, too."

I hate thinking that this could be the last time I could be saying this, and it makes me even more mad considering Derek was the first to believe it. "S-Stiles... Please take care of her, a-and, save him."

Stiles nods, linking our hands together. He doesn't say anything, except he drags me inside La Iglesia, we are going to save Scott. We just... Need to find him.

Now

A/N

Sorry for the late update, a few more chapters to go and we've finished this book! 

Anyways, as always, thanks so much for 23K views, I love you guys! And, I really hope everyone's well and safe during this pandemic. Good God, I wondering when this is all going to end... 

Love y'all!