Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"Shouldn't we do something now?"

The lights beam down on the Beacon Hill's High School field. I sat - kind of nervous - with Scott and Kira on the benches, I glanced over at Garrett who was talking to our teammates.

"I mean, we can't," Scott tells Kira. "We're still not really sure if it's really him. And if we're wrong, then the real assassin gets away." He analysed us both. "Nervous?"

"About someone killing us?" I questioned, looking out onto the field. "Or about our first game?"

"Both?" Scott looked at both of us. I inhaled but don't answer.

My eyes wander over to the entrance, there stood Derek and my Mum, in a conversation. "I'll be back," I tell them. With my lacrosse stick in my hand, I make my way towards them.

"Hey, bub," my Mum greets me with a wide smile. "Look at you!"

She gives me a hug and I smiled. "You guys came," I beam.

"We can't miss our daughter's first game," Mum tells me. "Hey, go sit with your team we'll find a seat."

"Okay, see you guys later," Well, I don't know if I'm excited or nervous because my parents are here.

"Good luck," Derek tells me, kissing my head quickly before walking off with Mum, lacing their hands together which made me smile some more.

I walked back over to where Kira and Scott were, taking a seat. "Hey, Dad, you're supposed to be here," Stiles had stumbled his way towards us. "Where the hell are you?"

"I'm leaving now." Sheriff Stilinski speaks on the phone. "And this conversation isn't getting me there any quicker."

Stiles takes a seat next to me, he gave me an awkward smile and pulls on his gloves. We then all stand up, Coach ordering us to. "Let's go!" Coach called. "Come on! Hey, McCall, Hale, I said get your ass out of the field."

"But Coach," Scott tried as I stand with him, twisting my stick. "His leg is still healing. I don't think he can play,"

"He said he's fine," Coach tells him, my eyes dart over to Liam.

"As Captain, I'm suggesting Liam sit out the game," Scott tried again.

Coach lets out a cackle. "And as, uh, President of the United States, I'm vetoing that suggestion."

"What if he gets hurt?" I stepped in and Coach looked down at me.

"Hey, Liam, think fast!" I looked over and saw that Brett had thrown a ball towards Liam at full speed, he had caught it with his bare hands on instantly.

"Oh, he plays." Coach nods his head. The whistle blows and I sighed, putting on my helmet. I made my way to the field, Kira jogs beside me.

"Good luck," she tells me and I nod my head.

"You too," I tell her, we fist bump.

When I first start to play, I was nervous. Brett had scored a few balls already in the first few seconds.

"Why do I feel like this is going to end badly?" Kira asked as Stiles, Scott, Kira, and I quickly regathered.

"Because it usually does," Stiles answered.

"Kira and Addison, you keep an eye on Garrett. I'll watch out for Liam." Scott tells us.

I nod and trailed behind with Stiles. "Yeah, I'm just gonna try play lacrosse," Stiles called after them, I giggled.