Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

My eyes flutter open as the boy next to me couldn't sleep still. "What?" I mumbled, half-asleep. We were sleeping in his bed tonight. After almost getting killed, I didn't want to be alone tonight.

"I always sleep in the middle of the bed," Stiles had whispered. This was something new for both of us. We've never slept in the same bed before, it was almost kind of nerve-racking at the beginning, but then it got annoying after he complains about sleeping in the middle of the bed.

"Not anymore," I tell him, my eyes closing shut.

"I know," he sighed. "I'm trying." I subconsciously move closer to him, so my head was in the crook on his neck, he wrapped his arms around me. I inhaled deeply, he smelt nice. He sits up. "Yeah, I can't sleep unless I'm in the middle."

I groaned. "Then we spoon," I rolled over on my half and he lies back down.

"Okay," he had agreed and pressed his body up against mine, one of his arms wraps around me. "I can spoon." I hold his hand.

Stiles had sighed, moving a little. "What now?" I asked sharply, this boy was getting on my nerves.

"My arm's fallen asleep," Stiles admits, he moves away from me and shakes his hand rapidly and turns over on the other side. It was silent for a moment, my eyes were still shut. "I don't like this."

I opened my eyes. "I'm going to kill you."

"I know, I know," Stiles whined. "I'm sorry." I felt him turn around and I turned as well, facing him now.

I connect our lips together briefly, accidentally catching a bit of my hair within the mix. Stiles cupped his hand with my jaw, I shuffled closer to him, if that's possible. It got extremely hot in here, I was genuinely contemplating whether to pull off my top but I think we all know that would end up being a bad idea.

I felt our lips move in sync happily, content. I decided to break it off, my airway giving out. I let out a few pants, catching air as my eyes drift off the to roof. My eyes met Stiles's eyes again. You know how they say you're genuinely happy if you smile with your eyes? Well, my heart swelled as I watched Stiles's eyes smile.

He kissed me again, this time more hungrily than the other kiss. I refused to let his tongue slip through, we needed sleep. We both have trouble sleeping and if we acted on like this, neither of us will get any sleep.

I pulled away, again, Stiles huffed. I gave him a 'sorry' smile. "Okay, just come here," I then made myself as the big spoon and him the little spoon, as weird as this is, but it works.

"I think this is good," Stiles tells me after a moment of silences. My eyes drift shut again. He shifts comfortably, our legs intertwining. "Yeah, this is good."

"Hm, goodnight," I mumbled, ready to sleep again.

I felt him kiss my hand. "Goodnight." He whispered and just like that, I was off to sleep again.

"How did I not get as sick as the others? The others said they couldn't see after a while I'd left if I was sick, shouldn't have been able to see as well?"

I was sitting in my kitchen, with my parents as soon as everything had happened. They were there when I exit the school, picking me up. We told them everything.

"Remember that tea I gave you as a kid?" Mum asks, sitting next to Derek at the table. I sat opposite them. There was only one light that lit our room up.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust. "I hated that stuff."

Mum chuckled. "I know. Basically, the short version is, that tea really helped you fight off that virus. I stopped giving to you when you were 10 years old when I ran out. It was a gift from Talia - the only thing that had come out with me from the fire, other than you, of course."

Derek squeezed my Mum's hand and another question popped through my head. "Are you guys back together?"

"We were gonna tell you at a better time," Derek speaks.

I smiled widely. This was it, my wish had finally come true. The number of times I'd wish for my father to be alive, it came true and now they were back together, hopefully, we could be a normal family.

Well, as normal as a Hale can get.

"What about you and Stiles?" Mum had asked, a smirk forming on her lips. "A little birdie told me you guys are together too."

I gave Derek a look. He only found out because he saw us kiss in the hallways, I didn't think he'd tell Mum. "Snitch," I mumbled under my breath, causing them to laugh. "Yeah, we're together." It fell silences between us. "So, when were you gonna tell me you aren't well?"

I looked over at Derek, who's mouth hung a little. "Who told you-"

"That doesn't matter," I cut him off. "I thought we were a team? Derek, what's happening to you?"

Derek cleared his throat and looked at Mum. Mum gave him a simple shrug and a nod. "I, uh, Kate took something from me that night. She took my power... And I'm going to find her."

"Oh," I mumbled, letting that process through my head. "Right." I inhaled sharply. I felt the awkward tension fill the air, I pressed my lips together. So that's why his eyes were yellow when we had seen each other. I bite my lower lip, my gaze lowering.

Well, shit.

A/N

So I have nothing really to say, lmao

Love y'all!