Part 6

At the infirmary~

"Oh...You two again?"

Even the school nurse now came to recognize these two.

Because of what happened, Jaebeom didn't get serious wounds but just minor cuts here and there mostly on his arms. His body was hit by the stones on the ground of the stream when he fall down, after all. But his whole body was all soaked so the nurse gave him the tower to dry himself.

So she cleaned those small wounds on Jaebeom. After she applied ointment to disinfect them, a phone ringing was heard. She took the call and after that, she urgently left the room for the reason that the two younger student wouldn't know.

Treating Jaebeom was almost done anyway, therefore she left the two students alone in the room after asking for Jinyoung to help with the rest.

Jinyoung finally had the chance to talk to him.

"Geez! Really you..." He half-scold Jaebeom as he unwinded the adhesive bandage.

"If you didn't like them, you should have told me..." He continued, and this time in a softer and worried tone as he applied it properly on the wounded cuts.

Meanwhile, Jaebeom was sitting still and waiting for Jinyoung to finish his work.

He couldn't properly meet eyes with Jinyoung's because every time he remembered the earlier incident, he felt extremely embarrassed. He's embarrassed to let Jinyoung know that he's that scared of frogs. The similar case had also happened at the haunted house too. He couldn't just embarrassed himself anymore.

"It's just that my foot slipped, it's not because I was nervous because of the frog..." He said as he looked anywhere but Jinyoung. It's obvious he's lying. He's a person who could be seen through at times like this. Knowing that, Jinyoung said as he pointed at Jaebeom's feet.

"Ah! A frog!"

"Ah!" Jaebeom shouted and jumped before he even knew it. But there was no frog, when he looked for it.

There the silence came and creating an awkward situation for Jaebeom. Jinyoung was staring right at Jaebeom and waiting for a response.

Now Jaebeom realized Jinyoung's intention.

'How humiliating! It's not even once or twice! So embarrassing.' He felt like crying.

JB got so embarrassed that he wished the ground to swallow him. He just wanted to get out of Jinyoung's sight. If not, he felt like he would embarrass himself more. Then he noticed the wet tower hanging on his neck and finally found an excuse to avoid Jinyoung. He instantly stood up and headed to the bathroom.

'How stupid! How could I face him now?! You need to show him your cool side Im Jaebeom, not stupid one, Idiot!!!' He mentally scolded himself as he wrung the water out of the tower.

And Jinyoung clearly knew what Jaebeom's trying to do. When he looked back at him, he could see the flustered Jaebeom being busy tagging the tower on the line.

Watching Jaebeom from behind, Jinyoung started to feel really sorry for him.

'Even if you say the truth, I wouldn't even mind, that idiot' He thought.

Now, come to think of it, it was always Jaebeom that never tried to hide his feeling for Jinyoung. He would always honestly make confession to him. Jinyoung realized now that he got upset to see him with another girl when he still couldn't do the same for him. He wanted to know him better. He wanted him. And he wanted to make it clear. He's also a guy. So he must have the courage to do it. He decided.

'Let's confess' Jinyoung confirmed as he nodded himself and mentally cheered up himself. Despite that,

IT'S TOTALLY NERVE-WRECKING...

Of course, this was the first time Jinyoung had ever confess to someone. He hesitated a bit at the start.

"Jaebeom-ah...You know, at first I thought you were a weird guy. " The voice was clear and loud enough to be heard.

The room was also silent and thus the nervousness he got could kill him. His heart was beating so hard. He had never felt like this. He clenched his hands that was put on his knees.

"that I could like you" He continued. His eyes were blinking more frequently without being aware by himself. He tried to gulp his nervousness but failed.

The moment finally came. He could feel his lips were a bit shaking. But of course, he must say it for sure, now or never.

"But now...I...I have fallen in love with you" He shut close his eyes as he finished and waiting for the other's response.

'I SAID IT!'

The sound of his heart beat could be heard by himself. And a feverish-heat was running up on his cheeks and ears. He knew they would be bright red by now.

'Now that the feeling are mutual, then are we going to be couple now?' At the thought, Jinyoung started to feel more shy and happy at the same time.

However, he only got the silence. There was no reply from Jaebeom. Jinyoung felt a little dump-founded at the situation.

So Jinyoung took a glance at Jaebeom. He could see Jaebeom wasn't looking at Jinyoung. Instead, only his back was facing him. But then, he heard Jaebeom starting to speak.

"I feel... the opposite..." He said still not looking at Jinyoung and not moving from where he was standing.

Jaebeom's words got Jinyoung speechless.

'Did he hear right?' He thought.

But then, he heard him continued.

"I loved you at first. But...not anymore...somehow...little by little, I started to not think that I love you..." Jaebeom said while recalling the unpleasant memories from his childhood regarding frogs.

HE TOTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD JINYOUNG'S CONFESSION. He thought that Jinyoung was still talking about frogs. Damn...T-T

[Because in Korean, in the phrases like "that I could like you" "Now that I've fallen in love with you", the words *you* aren't sometimes mentioned. They can be generally understood relating the subject they've been talking about. So, what happened here was that Jaebeom interpreted that part as the frogs and not having a clue that it's about him.]

Hearing that, it felt like the world just crumbled for Jinyoung. He felt his heart sank heavily. He froze and sitting like a stone, just there not knowing how to response.

Poor boys...

___________

At the moment, the nurse came in.

"Sorry to leave you kids like that." She said in apologetic face.

"It's ok, tech!" Jaebeom assured with a smile.

"Do you want to wash your clothes?" The nurse asked looking at Jaebeom who was wearing wet clothes. Although they have already become a bit dry, they were still cold.

"Ah, it's ok. I will go home like this" Jaebeom answered as he looked at his own clothes and shook it off.

On the other hand, Jinyoung couldn't hear their conversation at all. He was processing his brain and couldn't think of anything.

Now that, he's done processing, the first thing that came to his mind was...

'What? I was...rejected?'

__________

(Part 6 ends here, though it's a short chapter I hope you enjoy it. I will update the next chapter soon after, may be tomorrow~ This story tends to go a bit slow but fun incidents are up here and there, so don't get bored, OK?)

The photos I used for this fanfic are not mine, credit will goes to appropriate parties.