Chapter 21: Eli

A/N: 04.07.20

Hey, Homies, it's your author Hidee :) It's been a while. How have you been?

After weeks of being on hiatus, I'm finally back on Wattpad. I'll be continuing Accidentally Bent part II on here.

You can still get early access on Patreon! I always update there first. Chapter 24 is already available on Patreon, the link is at the bottom of my Wattpad bio.

Are you guys excited for part II?

(P.S: Don't forget to add this book to your library/follow me on Wattpad to be notified when I update.)

⤵️⤵️⤵️

*Eli's pov*

It was Saturday and Thomas was coming over to my house. Not for me of course, but for work.

I washed up and changed into a white shirt and tucked it neatly into my pants, quickly brushing my blond hair and playing with the gentle curls at the end before heading downstairs.

My eyes brightened when I saw Thomas talking with some of the other workers, who were about a decade older than he was, but Thomas didn't have a problem fitting in.

He still had his radiant smile and the kindness in his eyes. His clothes were still an eyesore, but it didn't bother me as much as it used to. He was wearing a simple grey shirt that tightened around his chest, revealing his lean muscles.

When he turned around, I glanced at his behind, realizing that Thomas had a nice ass.

"Eli?" One of the maid's called, making me yelp in surprise. All of the workers, including Thomas, turned towards me. "What are you doing hiding behind that wall? The chef finished preparing breakfast."

My face turned bright red. Why was I getting embarrassed in my own house?

"R-Right," I mumbled. I quickly waved at the workers, but my gaze stopped at Thomas who gave me an impish smile and a wink.

Butterflies fluttered inside my stomach, but I rolled my eyes at him and heard him chuckle when I rushed down the hall.

I guess he wasn't mad anymore. I felt slightly disappointed, but shrugged the feelings away and slapped the side of my cheeks.

Eli, you need to be selfless. You have to let go of Thomas and move on.
I finished eating breakfast and played with the piano, but I was bored. Steven wouldn't be here until another hour. One of the maids had a tray of pink lemonade and my eyes brightened.

"Are those for the workers?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes, Mr. Golden, it's rather warm today and your mother thought it'd be nice to give them some refreshments," she said with her practiced smile.

"I'll go with you," I said. She blinked but quickly hid her shock.

"Are you sure, Mr. Golden?"

"I'm being selfless today," I replied.
She tried not to give me a weird look and nodded. I followed her to the barn where daddy kept the stocks of wine. They were the cheaper ones, of course. The most expensive ones were kept in our underground cellar below the house.

The workers were already sweating as they carried heavy boxes in and out of the house. My eyes scavenged the area and stopped when I saw Thomas who was carrying two boxes at once.

His biceps popped when he carried the weight, the veins that trailed down his forearm rising to the surface. The collar and back of his grey shirt were drenched in sweat, and beads trickled down the side of his face. His eyes looked determined and serious, jaw clenched tightly, but he showed no sign of fatigue.

Breathe Eli, breathe.

The maid went around giving drinks to the workers and I took a cup from the tray.

"I'll give this one to Thomas," I said. She didn't even know who Thomas was but that made me feel happy. The fewer people, the better. It made me feel special.

"Hey," I murmured when he entered the barn, hands empty after loading two boxes into the truck. Thomas turned towards me and smiled.

"Hey, snob."

The smile on my face vanished.

"You just ruined everything."

"Sorry, bad habit of mine," he winked, which made me frown even more. He glanced at the lemonade and raised a brow. "Is that for me?"

"No, it's mine. Get your own," I said, taking a long, loud sip just to annoy him. Thomas rolled his eyes, taking the cup out of my hands and drinking it until there wasn't a drop left. Some of the lemonade dripped down his chin which he wiped with the back of his hand, making me scowl.

Filthy.

Also sexy.

But still, filthy.

He handed me the cup.

"Thanks." And then he headed back to work.

"That was mine!"

"Not anymore."

"I had my germs on it," I huffed, remembering how my mom always told me never to share drinks or food with others because it was impolite and dirty.

"Hmm, even better." He licked his lips just to tease me and my mouth widened, ears burning red.

"You're impossible."

"Is there a reason why you're bothering me while I'm working?" he asked, picking up another box of wine. I continued to follow him.

"I wanted to talk about what happened last week."

Thomas stopped in his steps and turned towards me. "I'm sorry."

I blinked. "What?"

"You heard me, I'm only going to say it once," he said.

"Sorry for what?" I scowled, feeling my stomach twist into knots.

"For kissing you. You're dating Steven and it was a dick move to kiss you when you're already with someone," Thomas said. "But I'm not sorry for liking you."

"You can't like me!"

"Why not?"

"I'm... I'm trying to fix you."

"What are you, Bob the Builder?" he snorted.

"You're supposed to like girls."

Thomas looked at me, a mixture of confusion and anger.

"Eli, I'm going to like whoever the fuck I want," he said. "I understand that you don't like me the same way, but you can't boss me around and tell me what I can and what I can't do."

But I do like you...

⤵️⤵️⤵️

Please don't forget to leave a vote to support the book. Thank you ☆