Chapter 31: Eli

A/N: 13.07.20

Q/A: Have you ever gotten into a physical fight before?

⤵️⤵️⤵️

"Mr. Golden? Someone's at the door for you," said one of my maids. I put my World Economy books down.

"Who?"

"I think you should see for yourself."

I got up from my chair and headed downstairs, wondering if the clothes I bought online had finally arrived. But I stopped in my steps when I saw Steven at the door, holding a bouquet of what looked like over a hundred roses. My lips parted in shock. 

"Hey, Eli," he smiled, shallow dimples appearing on his cheeks. My fingers tightened into a fist. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"I wanted to give you these.” He raised the bouquet, offering them to me. As beautiful as they were, I didn’t accept them. Instead, I looked over my shoulder to make sure that no one was around and then I remembered that my parents flew to Hong Kong the other day for a business meeting. They wouldn’t be back for another two days. 

“I don’t want them. Go home, Steven, I have to study.”

I was about to close the door but he stopped it just in time. Steven was stronger than me and managed to open it up again. 

“Can we talk at least? I miss you.”

“It’s a little too late for that.”

"I'm sorry, Eli. I made a mistake. I love you.”

My eyes widened and I quickly pushed him back, closing the door behind so that none of the house workers would hear. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to an area where there weren't any security cameras. 

"Are you out of your mind?!" I whispered-yelled. "You can't say that out loud here.”

"But it's the truth."

"Well, keep the truth to yourself just like you always have.”

"So you're just going to date that scumbag?" 

I would have punched him but I didn’t want to bruise my hand. 

"Thomas. His name is Thomas."

"It doesn’t matter what his name is, he’s poor.”

"I don't care-”

"Yes, Eli, yes you do. You can't even drink tap water without making a face, do you honestly think you could go a week dating someone as poor as him? Admit it, Eli, you're a spoiled brat who likes pretty, shiny things, things that Thomas can't afford. You guys are just too different, it’s never going to work out," Steven pressed. "He won't make you happy the way I can.”

"Stop talking like you know."

"Then stop acting like you're actually happy with him."

Steven reached out and held onto my arm, letting it slide down to my hand which was when he noticed the bandaid on my index. 

“What happened?”

“It’s none of your business,” I mumbled but didn’t pull away. Even though Steven had hurt me, I couldn’t find myself to hate him. We’ve known each other since forever and it wasn’t easy for me to get over him. The warmth of his hand brought back a million of memories in the span of a second and I remembered all those times we’d sneak up to the room of our mansions to gaze at the stars. 

“Yes, it is my business,” he said softly. “It is my business because I still care about you.”

⤵️⤵️⤵️

A/N: Please don't forget to leave a vote!

Oh, Steven :")